Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Reserve - will I have to wait for a statement to get threshold credit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Location: Birmingham, AL (weekdays) and Atlanta, GA (weekends)
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion

Agonizingly close to 60K spend. I have a flight next Tuesday. If I buy and pay for something tomorrow, might I get the 15K additional miles (which will take me to Platinum?)
Old Nov 2, 2012, 5:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by BostonGuy
Agonizingly close to 60K spend. I have a flight next Tuesday. If I buy and pay for something tomorrow, might I get the 15K additional miles (which will take me to Platinum?)
The current rule is you get them when the statement prints. When you see the RDM's post you will be able to use the below link (must be logged in to Delta.com) to dump them into your account:

https://www.delta.com/deltareservemqm/mbrLanding.action

One word caution. You may think I can just have them change my statement date. That can work good or bad. I did that once and it backfired as it did not close early, but was pushed to the 15th of the NEXT month!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Previous response is correct. You do not get the points until your statement closes. I often find it takes one business day from the time AMEX closes to the time it shows up at Delta.

MQM's post almost instantly after you go the Delta link and redeem the mqm's.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I got mine in the early afternoon of my statement closing date. I did the selection when the email arrived and the miles appeared in my DL account by the time I hit refresh; I was logged into my DL FF account and looking at the page showing recent miles postings before doing this.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, Delta Amex Reserve
My amex statement posted last week and the miles posted overnight the next day. I went in to my Delta account and selected to keep the MQMs about 6 hours before I received the email. They instantly went onto my account, but my Platinum Status did not update untill the next day. So the quickest I think you're status can be updated is 2 calendar days after your amex statement closing date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.