Wiki Posts
Search

New EATS offerings

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2012, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
New EATS offerings

The November EATS menu is now out. It's nice to see they've added the Signature Sandwich Combo--sliders with chips and a cookie for $9.99--as an additional options. However, I noticed that they won't be serving the combo in MD-90s. No love for MSP, I guess.

(I'd attach a link, but I'm still having growing pains regarding the switch from iPhone to Galaxy SIII.)
Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR
(I'd attach a link, but I'm still having growing pains regarding the switch from iPhone to Galaxy SIII.)
http://images.delta.com.edgesuite.ne...enu-print1.pdf
Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:38 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
I am glad that some people are enamored by the BOB options. I find them quite expensive and prefer to bring my own food if I am so inclined to eat during the flight. Then I know they won't "run out" or "we weren't catered", etc.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Ohh the EATS menu, how I remember the last time I ate one of those sandwiches, and then got violently ill for the next 3 days.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Ohh the EATS menu, how I remember the last time I ate one of those sandwiches, and then got violently ill for the next 3 days.
Sounds like they mistakenly served you the horrible pre-arrival "snack" sandwich from business/BE (courtesy of the world's worst "chef" Michelle Bernstein, of course). There was one outbreak a while ago when a lot of DL pax got very ill from the business sandwidth, and some were even hospitalized.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 9:08 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
Snack boxes have gone to crap though.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Sounds like they mistakenly served you the horrible pre-arrival "snack" sandwich from business/BE (courtesy of the world's worst "chef" Michelle Bernstein, of course). There was one outbreak a while ago when a lot of DL pax got very ill from the business sandwidth, and some were even hospitalized.
Consequently I always take the other choice, even if its that awful salad with mayonnaise infused potato salad.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by RacingJunkie
Snack boxes have gone to crap though.
+1. The boxes with the chicken salad were pretty good. The current offerings are complete junk.

Last July on an AUS-JFK flight (where I was in Y due to DL's horrible companion upgrade policy) I was able to use my HOOU coupon for an excellent egg salad + ham sandwich. It was probably terribly unhealthy but it was delicious.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 2:57 am

I'm not sure I even knew this menu existed for Y (my typical "domestic" legs are EU and KLM gives me nice little sandwiches) -- so I have a question.

For those snack boxes... is one thing from the list 5.99 or is all that for 5.99?

Call me crazy but some turkey jerkey and chips and salsa could be a nice way to hold me over if I get stuck in Y and don't have connection time to find real food.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by fti
I am glad that some people are enamored by the BOB options. I find them quite expensive and prefer to bring my own food if I am so inclined to eat during the flight. Then I know they won't "run out" or "we weren't catered", etc.
I prefer to bring my own, but it's nice to have the option, especially when you're on a transcontinental flight after a flight from Europe. Since I have the Delta AmEx, it's cheaper to BOB then purchase something at an airport.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:10 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
The November menu looks basically the same as the October menu, just with a cookie replacing the chocolate in the Signature Sandwich Combo. Those are pretty good by the way, had them last week.

johnm, you get all the items listed for the one price. The snack boxes are a pretty good value, especially when using Have One On Us coupons.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:21 am

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
I am personally fond of the fruit and cheese tray - I wish they were offered on flights shorter than 1500 miles.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by johnm1019
I'm not sure I even knew this menu existed for Y (my typical "domestic" legs are EU and KLM gives me nice little sandwiches) -- so I have a question.

For those snack boxes... is one thing from the list 5.99 or is all that for 5.99?

Call me crazy but some turkey jerkey and chips and salsa could be a nice way to hold me over if I get stuck in Y and don't have connection time to find real food.
You get the whole box for $5.99-- jerkey, almonds, chips + salsa, twizzlers, and oreos.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by tvelinsk
I am personally fond of the fruit and cheese tray - I wish they were offered on flights shorter than 1500 miles.
YES to both points. Though I shudder to think of what they must spray on those apples to keep them that fresh for the flight, but they are mighty tasty. And, they're always available no matter which direction/time you're flying (as long as the flight is long enough).

Actually once saw an FA snag the leftover trays from the galley just before landing and stuff them in her bag...
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:08 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
They used to have an orzo Greek-style pasta salad on the EATS menu that I absolutely loved. It was hearty, vegetarian (so less likelihood of spoilage) and had a great flavor. I despise the current offerings (a bland turkey sandwich) and know they can do better. I hope the menu changes soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.