Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How to avoid being seated separately by Delta after an equipment change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by rylan
I think what happens is during an equipment/schedule change, the punch cards have to be reloaded in the system and usually they get dropped or sorted out of order.
Or the paper tape rips...
Old Nov 2, 2012, 3:03 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

Another thing that works in addition to watching for schedule changes is to set seat alerts on EF for your own seats. Not foolproof because someone else could be assigned to your seat after the equipment swap but there is sometimes an intervening period while seats are empty before being reassigned while the hamsters get back in their wheels and the ladies replace vacuum tubes and that may trip the alert.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: delta skymiles
Dear HongKonger

thanks for the suggestion of setting seat alerts on ExpertFlyer. Of course I'll be asleep when the alerts come, and morning will be too late but it's as you say worth a try.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Maybe airlines should sell not only individual reserved seats, which is essentially what you get for a fee now, but blocks of seats for people traveling together. This woiuld require a sophisticated computer algorithm, but instead of purchasing 9A for Mr Smith and 9C for Mrs Smith at $30 each, the Smiths would pay more, perhaps $80 total to reserve not only their individual seats but two seats that stay together through aircraft changes and are guaranteed to be together rather than just being "guaranteed" to both be EC seats on the flight.

This could make a lot more fee money, but it would need to be implemented correctly.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I think thi sis a good idea. To find out whether there may be any demand with the general flying public, I posted a poll on the Disboards (the Disney equivalent of FT) to see how much (if any) my fellow Disney peeps would be willing to pay. Should be interesting.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3016439

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.