Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Can't print boarding pass within 30 minutes of departure

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2012, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Checked in online but did not receive e-boarding pass as expected. Tried to print boarding pass at kiosk literally 29 minutes before flight & was locked out. Delta representative at Sky Priority desk told me she was unable to print the boarding pass within the 30 minutes before departure - she was quite adamant. Is this accurate? Has something changed? I'm certain that in the past helpful Delta representives have printed boarding passes for me even after I've been locked out at the kiosk...
Old Oct 30, 2012, 4:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA EP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by wmmworley
Checked in online but did not receive e-boarding pass as expected. Tried to print boarding pass at kiosk literally 29 minutes before flight & was locked out. Delta representative at Sky Priority desk told me she was unable to print the boarding pass within the 30 minutes before departure - she was quite adamant. Is this accurate? Has something changed? I'm certain that in the past helpful Delta representives have printed boarding passes for me even after I've been locked out at the kiosk...
As long as you are checked in they should be able to reprint the BP.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by LedgeT
As long as you are checked in they should be able to reprint the BP.
Correct...I have had them do it more than once.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Delta, Alaska
At SEA, DL GAs reprint BPs at the gate for AS customers all the time.

I call shenanigans...
Old Oct 30, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
They need to do something out of the ordinary—perhaps involving a supervisor or at least a more knowledgeable colleague—but ticketing agents are indeed able to print boarding passes within 30 minutes of departure.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 4:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Priority Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold, Hertz
Had the same situation at SFO a few months back. I got to the checkin desk about 20 minutes before departure (after an unfortunately timed public transit delay) and one of the agents printed my boarding pass in less than a minute.

And then suggested that I run.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 5:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Of course they can print the boarding pass provided that you have already checked in.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL ♦, Marriot Plt, NATL EE
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Of course they can print the boarding pass provided that you have already checked in.
The key is to say "REprint"
Old Oct 30, 2012, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The gate can take control of anybody printing or reprinting boarding passes. It is whatever local station policy is.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Last time I arrived with just 20 minutes to departure.

The check-in counter agent could not check me in, and could not print my boarding pass.

I thought I was going to miss my international flight, but instead he issued me a gate pass that allowed me to clear security. He then phoned the gate agent who was able to print my boarding pass.

It was really incredible service... and I'll never cut it that close again.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
ah the human touch

This happened to me once at Las Vegas. The kiosk said something about it being too late to check in for this flight. However, the helpful agent immediately produced my boarding passes. She told me that the computer doesn't know that the flight is half empty and that there are very few people at security. She said, "Go straight through security to the gate. Don't delay." I easily made the plane.
Still, I show up much earlier now. I don't want this kind of avoidable risk.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 9:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Preisdents Club, Marriott Platinum
This happens in DEN all the time. Friday, to a friend of mine, and I've had this issue at 29 min (I was there 35 before, but the kiosk had a 'malfunction'. It was the last flight of the day, and after some pleading, she rebooked me on AA.
This led me to believe that the GA absolutely takes control and the check in desk has ZERO control sub 30.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
The system at T-30 transfer full control of the flight to the GA at the gate. For check in agents to print/reprint a BP they need to call the GA who then grants permission for the BP to be printed/reprinted at check in. Sometime at busy airport/gates it is simpler for them to give you a gate pass and make a note in your PNR that you are at the airport and on your way to the gate.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 9:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The gate pass replaces the overide in light of the IDB rules. If you blow the check-in deadline, but make it to the gate, you still don't get IDB (or some other pax VDB) if there's an oversell.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
Just about two weeks ago I reprinted a BP myself at a kiosk inside the concourse for my soon-to-depart flight. I had dropped the original BP somewhere. (Just before I boarded, the GA paged me...someone had turned in my lost BP, but I no longer needed it).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.