Wiki Posts
Search

New DL JFK terminal?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Gold
New DL JFK terminal?

I've read that DL is building new terminals at LGA and JFK. I've also read that the LGA terminal has opened. But I can't seem to find anything on the status of the JFK terminal. Other than that it's planned to be opened "by 2013", there's little information on the new terminal.

Does anyone know what the status is?

bert
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:59 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to the DL Forum.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Oct 16, 2012, 9:42 pm

Programs: DL - Plat Medlln
NYC terminals

THere is no "new" terminal at LGA. Delta now has several gates in Terminal C (previously all USAir gates)

As for JFK...did you try a google search for Delta and JFK? It comes up with several links regarding the new terminal being built (or technically the expansion of Terminal 4 with a dedicated Delta concourse.)
Old Oct 16, 2012, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL - Plat Medlln
http://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/airport_information/jfk_terminal/index.jsp[/URL]
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by NYGabriel
http://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/airport_information/jfk_terminal/index.jsp
Let me fix your link.

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...inal/index.jsp

You can see it now.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NYGabriel
As for JFK...did you try a google search for Delta and JFK? It comes up with several links regarding the new terminal being built (or technically the expansion of Terminal 4 with a dedicated Delta concourse.)
Maybe I wasn't clear - I know there's a new terminal coming - I was just asking if anyone knew what the status was - e.g., when it was planned to open.

I've done MANY Google searches - nothing I've been able to find has a date other than the reference on the Delta site of "by 2013". There was a lot of press about this early in the year, but not much since.

bert
Old Oct 17, 2012, 6:35 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by bertsirkin
Maybe I wasn't clear - I know there's a new terminal coming - I was just asking if anyone knew what the status was - e.g., when it was planned to open.
Construction on the T4 expansion continues, and is very visible. (ie: The frame is up.)

No official announcements about dates have been made other than those that were already made (March or May or something, I don't remember), which isn't surprising since it's too far out.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 6:44 am

Programs: AA GM
The date I keep hearing is May 2013, but I wouldn't consider that a firm commitment.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bennos
Construction on the T4 expansion continues, and is very visible. (ie: The frame is up.)

No official announcements about dates have been made other than those that were already made (March or May or something, I don't remember), which isn't surprising since it's too far out.
Thanks - I hadn't seen a March or May date mentioned - I'm flying out in April, 2013 and was hoping there would be a new Skyclub ready by then as I'll have some time to kill there.

thanks,
bert
Old Oct 17, 2012, 7:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bertsirkin
Thanks - I hadn't seen a March or May date mentioned - I'm flying out in April, 2013 and was hoping there would be a new Skyclub ready by then as I'll have some time to kill there.

thanks,
bert
Why don't you like Oasis in T4? IMO it's better than any SC except NRT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.