Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KE award now bookable on DL.com

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2012, 8:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dgxoxo
will be a nice enhancement once all the bugs get worked out. of course, it would be nicer if they would just load all of the partners like United...
....or just put all SkyTeam award and upgrade availability on EF.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
....or just put all SkyTeam award and upgrade availability on EF.
EF is just screen-scraping the ANA site. I suppose they decided that once it was clear they were doing some screen-scraping (UA award/upgrade space), they would branch out and do some more of it. There's nowhere to get all of SkyTeam inventory in one spot. The best tool is the FlyingBlue engine, but it has some bugs and not all SkyTeam members are there.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 9:26 am

Nice addition. At first glance it appears blackout dates are still enforced. Maybe with some tinkering they will show up, but I won't keep my hopes up

Anyone else think that by removing YQ from being collected it signaled they would be included online? I forget if VA YQ stopped being collected before or after the online search ability....granted KE YQ was/wasn't/was collected and it's been an off and then on again relationship. I'm probably digging too deep as it is!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by mtkeller
EF is just screen-scraping the ANA site. I suppose they decided that once it was clear they were doing some screen-scraping (UA award/upgrade space), they would branch out and do some more of it. There's nowhere to get all of SkyTeam inventory in one spot. The best tool is the FlyingBlue engine, but it has some bugs and not all SkyTeam members are there.
Really? I thought EF was morally opposed to screen scraping and always took shots at KVS because of that...
Old Oct 15, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier, SPG Plat
Like this enhancement a lot, hope they follow through with other partners. A380 flight booked in Feb!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:08 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by McGoogles
Like this enhancement a lot, hope they follow through with other partners. A380 flight booked in Feb!
I'll be on the KE A380 in February too! Looking forward to drinking at the Celestial Bar.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:10 am

Programs: EBD
^^^^^
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
It's not often that good things are said about delta.com in these parts, so for once let's give credit where it's due! GREAT JOB DELTA! ^^^
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
What annoys me is that you (still) can't do JFK-ICN-BOM. I'm sure my search caused a server to explode somewhere.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by jjglaze77
It's not often that good things are said about delta.com in these parts, so for once let's give credit where it's due! GREAT JOB DELTA! ^^^
+1 ^
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by javabytes
Really? I thought EF was morally opposed to screen scraping and always took shots at KVS because of that...
And then when UA took away expert mode on united.bomb, EF suddenly lost their access to UA award/upgrade inventory. When the new opt-in expert mode came back, EF had the inventory again. It seems that once the cat was out of the bag and anyone with two brain cells to rub together could tell they were using screen scraping to get some of their data, they decided to step up and scrape some more. In examining the results, it appears that it's actually the UA site that they're pulling from for *A inventory. (There's also a warning about phantom LH F inventory, which is a known issue with the UA site.) Is it possible that they paid UA for access to the data? Yes. However, ExpertFlyer Voice has refused to answer questions about the source of this data here on FT, which suggests that they're just scraping. I do think it's a much nicer interface than KVS, and most things are still being pulled from paid GDS services, but I am not a fan of screen scraping and wish that they'd at least acknowledge that they're doing it.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by jjglaze77
While this new feature is good, the blackout dates problem still remains: DL uses KE's blackout dates of any region as systemwide blackout dates.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by blug
While this new feature is good, the blackout dates problem still remains: DL uses KE's blackout dates of any region as systemwide blackout dates.
How is it a problem? It's how they operate and have stated they will do so.

The problem is the hit/miss implementation of KE. KE X seats showing up for Biz award searches and other KE flights wholly missing or showing unavailable where there is known availability. Also, not all routes are even able to be checked currently. It's a step in the right direction though.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by llamagatekeeper
How is it a problem? It's how they operate and have stated they will do so.

The problem is the hit/miss implementation of KE. KE X seats showing up for Biz award searches and other KE flights wholly missing or showing unavailable where there is known availability. Also, not all routes are even able to be checked currently. It's a step in the right direction though.
Where did they state they would do so?

DL.com says "Blackout dates may apply and are defined by individual carriers.", which is a lie. DL's blackout dates for KE award are NOT defined by KE, but are manipulated by DL.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL DM
Cannot find a single day where SEA-ICN one-way, non-stop is available. I keep searching different dates and it just says no results for non-stop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.