Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Reservation held on courtesy hold cancelled!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2012, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA Platinum (Life), Emirates Gold,GHA Black

So I called the DM desk on Friday for a reservation to TPE via ATL/AMS on KLM. Agent told me she could hold it till 2359 Saturday. As I'm dealing with a company out of China who is paying for the flight, I called back Saturday to request an extension. I was told it was cancelled by ???. After 30 minutes, the agent rebuilt the itinerary, and gave till 2300 Sunday night. So tonight at 1645, when I didn't get an alert that it was time to check in, I thought it was strange, but blew it off. At 2030, I got an email from the company saying they couldn't book the flight by the record locator. I called the DM desk again, and again, it had been cancelled. Again, it had to be rebuilt, and a supervisor had to step in as the fare increased over $1000. Long story (Sorry) short, finally got it ticketed at the original price.

So does anyone have any idea how a reservation could be cancelled twice in 24 hours?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 7:33 pm

Probably had something to do with the OA (in this case KLM) space in the reservation.

"Joint venture" seems like fluff more and more often, unfortunately
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:00 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Call corporate customer care tomorrow to resolve this issue. The hold on KL space should be honored.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
IME, while they'll hold the reservation the fare is not guaranteed.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by rwoman
Exactly. That's why delta.com has the 24 hour cancel guarantee. If you want the fare guaranteed, book the ticket.

David
Old Oct 15, 2012, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA Platinum (Life), Emirates Gold,GHA Black
Originally Posted by rwoman
That's the problem, they didn't hold the reservation, TWICE! 1st time was 9 hours before deadline, 2nd time was 10 hours. Has to be KLM.

No worries, on my way!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by 122554
Has to be KLM.
Do you know that KLM ticket practice generally, and this fare specifically, allows a hold? Some fares are strictly immediate purchase. The Flying Blue forum would be a good place to explore that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.