Wiki Posts
Search

Great pizza and skyclub insanity

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2012, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Kettel, WN Companion Pass
Great pizza and skyclub insanity

Hey, a non-complaint post, those are rare lol. Flew SAN-ATL today and the choices were 'pizza' or some fancy sounding chimichurri salad with mystery meat. I've had that salad before and it reminded me of what I'd get from the cafeteria lady in middle school so I went for the pizza hoping it came with fruit or something. Wow! It was actually pretty damn good; it did not taste like a normal microwaved pizza, it had a good helping of feta cheese on it, greek olives and sun dried peppers; even the crust was above average. I'll be hoping to run into the pizza again on every flight; maybe I can file a request with DL that I'm allergic to everything unless accompanied by feta cheese so they'll put one on my flights?

Now for a more typical post; I'm in the E-wing SC in ATL in the downstairs area since I just wanted to plug the computer in. I attempted the ATL-WIFI and the tmobile, both were unusable, plugged my Verizon in and away we go. So this guy comes in and is talking on the phone to someone and trying to walk them through logging into some computer system, try typing blah backslash blah, try this password, try this, etc. Nothing worked so he tries to get online and apparently doesn't have a cell-based option. As he tries more and more, the cuss words start flying, f this, f that, this wifi sucks, goes over and harasses the SC check-in folks, comes back and tries some more, f this place, f DL, etc. No, I wouldn't have posted all of this if there wasn't some entertainment value to be had. Half the room keeps looking at him at this point every time he lets another f-bomb fly, but it all culminates with him punching his laptop screen and breaking it. Fortunately with no laptop there's no more reason to try getting online, so he left.

Good times!
Old Oct 11, 2012, 4:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Downstairs in the E SC at ATL? Could you mean the new terminal F and its SC? AFAIK the E lounges were always on one level and still are after the remodel or have I missed some wonderful secret room?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, DL GM, DL SkyClub
Had the pizza a few weeks ago on JFK-LAS, I believe. I thought it was the epitome of nasty. I guess YMMV. The other option was a chicken salad of some variety. I wish I had chosen more wisely.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: 3MM DM, DL Reserve, HH Diamond, Nat Exec Elite, SPG, PC, etc...
Indeed, E Terminal SC is one level. F has a small upstairs.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Wow, good thing you said that, I'm all mixed up. I'm in B from the arrival and need to go to F... this SC has the long counter high tops downstairs just for computers and normal stuff upstairs.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Meteorologist
Had the pizza a few weeks ago on JFK-LAS, I believe. I thought it was the epitome of nasty. I guess YMMV. The other option was a chicken salad of some variety. I wish I had chosen more wisely.
Could be the feta cheese drowned out the bad parts and skewed my judgement; I really love feta.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
On my last lunch flight, the choice was the pizza or chimichurri salad of uncertain content. I took the pizza (again), ditched the olives, and ate around the goat cheese. I think partly melted goat cheese on top of melted regular cheese is strange. The rest of it, including the pieces of chicken breast, was good. Mine came with a small caesar salad, and a deer brownie.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL Plat, LH Freq Traveller
I need another one of those pizzas like I need a shotgun to the face. PASS.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by Meteorologist
i'm not crazy about the pizza either. Now that hamburger that pops up from time to time is down right Deelishhhh!
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
On my last lunch flight, the choice was the pizza or chimichurri salad of uncertain content. I took the pizza (again), ditched the olives, and ate around the goat cheese. I think partly melted goat cheese on top of melted regular cheese is strange. The rest of it, including the pieces of chicken breast, was good. Mine came with a small caesar salad, and a deer brownie.
Is that what they call it? Goat cheese? Now I know what was stuck inbetween the seat cushions!.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:18 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
i'm not crazy about the pizza either. Now that hamburger that pops up from time to time is down right Deelishhhh!
+1

They've gone from begging ppl to take the hamburger to begging people NOT too because it always runs out. It is surprisingly good!
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TechMarauder
+1

They've gone from begging ppl to take the hamburger to begging people NOT too because it always runs out. It is surprisingly good!
then why do you hardly see the burger being offered?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Got served pizza on the SFO-JFK red-eyes. Wasn't really a fan. I'd have preferred plain old cheese pizza.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by nypdLieu
Is that what they call it? Goat cheese? Now I know what was stuck inbetween the seat cushions!.
Sorry...brain freeze here. It was feta. I guess I associate Greece with sheep and goats, so I think goat cheese for Greek feta. It was still strange to have half-melted chunks of feta sitting on top of the melted cheese of the pizza.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:23 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
maybe you were in the D terminal, that has a SC downstairs. . . . not much natural lighting, but way too much lighting and white walls.

My take on the pizza, WAY too much bread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.