Wiki Posts
Search

DL from Quito to ATL in Business?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2012, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond Medallion, Former AA EXP, HHonors Gold, Avis First

Have booked a Business Elite ticket from UIO to ATL and was wondering what BE is like on DL's 737? Assuming this is not a sleeper seat? Appreciate any comments on past experience with this flight.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 9:53 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, United Premier Silver, SPG Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond

A 737 will be domestic first seats. International flights and any domestic continuation will be called business.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
I have flown this route. Last time it was a domestic F configuration with three F rows. The same thin blanket and minuscule pillow you get in domestic F too.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jaimemayo
I have flown this route. Last time it was a domestic F configuration with three F rows. The same thin blanket and minuscule pillow you get in domestic F too.
I have actually had the BE pillow and duvet the last few times on UIO-ATL. Going down I have been getting the thin crummy ones for the most part. ATL-UIO has consistently been great service lately with BE lite service (Nuts and drink to start, 3 meal options, ice cream sundaes, upgraded wines, champagne, etc). The return is nothing special, just a nicer seat, a snack after takeoff and generally tired FAs since the work the ATL-UIO and then turn right back. So they get the service done quick and generally disappear until about an hour from arrival.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 7:20 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Accor Live Limitless Diamond
Thanks for the info. I'm doing the trip in December/January on the 757.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the feedback. I was hoping to stretch out and get some sleep on this flight. Sounds like it will be like regular domestic first class.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 6:04 am

Programs: DL DM
I am in Quito now, will be returning to ATL tonight, I'll report back on anything other then what's already been reported. Trip down was nice, 3 rows, nuts, upgraded food as mentioned. Personally I found it to be much better than the JFK-BOG which the last two times I've taken it they didn't have IFE.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks nepaltnf!

I am on the flight tomorrow night. Appreciate your feedback.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

I will avoid this flight in the future on a 737-8. Not a comfortable FC for an overnight flight from South America. Better than Economy, but after years of flying BE on DL or equivalent on other carriers, IMO this is not one I would recommend.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by pkm1flyer
I will avoid this flight in the future on a 737-8. Not a comfortable FC for an overnight flight from South America. Better than Economy, but after years of flying BE on DL or equivalent on other carriers, IMO this is not one I would recommend.
I assume you mean 737-700 (73W) since they only fly those this time of year and 757s over the holidays and summer season. The 73W leaves a lot to be desired on the return flight (UIO-ATL) since it is not comfortable to sleep in the seats and row 1 has horrible legroom and row 3 has limited recline. Row 2 is definitely the best but the flight is too short and uncomfortable to get much sleep on. Obviously this flight is not operated with BE equipped aircraft and complimentary upgrades are offered so expectations shouldn't be too high. I personally wish they would fly a 75E on this route or 767-300ER but that's probably just dreaming. Maybe with the new Quito Airport they will fly something larger although I fear it will be the 737-800...more seats but pretty much the same thing as the 737-700 just the chance that you won't even get personal TVs
Old Oct 12, 2012, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

You are correct, it was a 73W not a 737-8. My mistake must have been the lack of sleep on the flight stuck in row 3 with limited recline. I agree that a 75E or 767-300ER would be much better from UIO. Actually I would prefer DL service into GYE where I have most of my business in Ecuador! Thanks again for the information.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by pkm1flyer
Actually I would prefer DL service into GYE where I have most of my business in Ecuador!
Losing the ATL-GYE flight has been hard for me. It was awesome when it was daily in the summer and over the holidays but the spring and fall were always extremely light for loads. I don't mind the short 30 minute flight up to UIO but it is annoying that southbound the ATL-UIO doesn't connect to any UIO-GYE flights and requires an overnight in Quito. Obviously I too would prefer the GYE service but my second and more realistic wish would be for LAN Ecuador or Aerogal to offer an 11pm UIO-GYE flight for connecting passengers (as UA arrives from IAH, AA from MIA, CM from PTY, CM from BOG and others). Both UA and DL don't serve GYE anymore so I think there would be a fair amount of demand for that late connecting flight down to GYE...and if it left at 11 it would still arrive in GYE before midnight.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Now that it is a 757, do they still offer the upgraded catering in Business? I know it's a separate appetizer and salad (maybe even soup too) then hot entree then sundae cart (and maybe even cheese, can't remember when I did it on the 737-700). I can't imagine there is enough galley space for 26 people...12 people is manageable, but is the service the same on that larger aircraft (only 1-2 FAs I imagine since Y gets a meal too).
Old Aug 9, 2013, 5:02 pm

Programs: Nada!
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
Losing the ATL-GYE flight has been hard for me. It was awesome when it was daily in the summer and over the holidays but the spring and fall were always extremely light for loads. I don't mind the short 30 minute flight up to UIO but it is annoying that southbound the ATL-UIO doesn't connect to any UIO-GYE flights and requires an overnight in Quito. Obviously I too would prefer the GYE service but my second and more realistic wish would be for LAN Ecuador or Aerogal to offer an 11pm UIO-GYE flight for connecting passengers (as UA arrives from IAH, AA from MIA, CM from PTY, CM from BOG and others). Both UA and DL don't serve GYE anymore so I think there would be a fair amount of demand for that late connecting flight down to GYE...and if it left at 11 it would still arrive in GYE before midnight.
I wish DL flew to BYE too. Easy to get down on AA but hard to get back to US. Last time I was in GYE, I flew back to Quito, had a nice dinner and went back for the flight to Atl.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What a downgrade! Atlanta to Mexico City has a more elaborate menu. Just salad two choices and a dessert served in two courses. Used to have business elite wine glasses, salad/appetizer, and sundaes/cheese course. Seems delta swapped a 4.5 hour flight amenities for a 2.5 hour flights amenities. I guess few people are paying for UIO business

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.