Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Earn 100-250 Delta MQM's for many HILTON stays is back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn 100-250 Delta MQM's for many HILTON stays is back

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2012, 8:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Do they really mean 250 MQMs just for signing up for the promo? Even if one never goes near a Hilton, but does have a HH account?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AdamS
Yes, I believe it would be 250. Waiting to hear the first report of someone checking out and back in after two nights.
I don't believe this works, and that you need to use different hotels in order to get credit for multiple stays. From the Hilton definition of a stay under Accrual of Points --

'A "stay" is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again.'

Also, you must have Points & Miles selected as your earning style in addition to having Delta registered as your earnings partner.

Last edited by xliioper; Oct 2, 2012 at 9:05 am
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by avflyer
Thanks for the heads up. Not a rock
+1

Originally Posted by DiverDave
The list of participating hotels is meager to put it kindly. But it's a nice bump if you are staying at any of those.
What list, I don't see any list?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
What list, I don't see any list?
It was this list http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...rties/index.do, although I don't see the link to it on the offer page anymore...strange.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I called HHonors and received a very vague 'if it doesn't say there are any properties not participating, then they are all participating'. Clearly now the linked list above is no longer there. I have like twenty two night stays during the promotional period so it would be nice if all properties were participating.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Peatisback
I called HHonors and received a very vague 'if it doesn't say there are any properties not participating, then they are all participating'. Clearly now the linked list above is no longer there. I have like twenty two night stays during the promotional period so it would be nice if all properties were participating.
Let's hope this is correct, I'm switching my reservation for tonight/tomorrow to a Hampton Inn that wasn't on the list... I guess I can report back here hopefully by next week if it works. Or if they really wait until the end of the promotion period, then I won't know until then.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by BringBackTWA
It was this list http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...rties/index.do, although I don't see the link to it on the offer page anymore...strange.
If I alphabetized the state names the way that page does, I'd be too embarrassed to link to it too.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by DiverDave
The list of participating hotels is meager to put it kindly. But it's a nice bump if you are staying at any of those.

David
Originally Posted by BringBackTWA
The list is back and, yes, there are pitifully few hotels on it.

But, the promo only has to sound good in the advertising copy... right?

Old Oct 2, 2012, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by Vicksy

It also looks like you don't get MQMs for additional nights, it's simply 250 MQMs and done.

Update: I actually agree with Ascii that the fine print overrides the email wording, and you probably don't get miles just for signing up but do get MQMs for doing the 2 night stays, which does, ultimately, make more sense.
So you feel strongly both ways?

The fine print says things like "Earn 500 bonus miles per qualifying stay + 250 MQMs." While you may be right, if so, it would have been clearer to say "Earn 500 bonus miles plus 250 MQM per stay", not "500 bonus points per stay plus 250 MQM."

So I think the 250 is a one time deal, given after you stay at least once.

Just saying...no, I'm not a lawyer.

Last edited by orca15; Oct 2, 2012 at 12:57 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Oct 2, 2012, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Please stop giving away MQMs and watering down elite ranks.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
The list is back and, yes, there are pitifully few hotels on it.

But, the promo only has to sound good in the advertising copy... right?

The list is there, but there is no longer a link to the list from the promo page. I suspect the list may not be accurate.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
The list is there, but there is no longer a link to the list from the promo page. I suspect the list may not be accurate.
FWIW....Historically, I don't recall ANY excluded properties related to this promo.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL Platinum; former CO Gold; HHonors Gold
Small print in the email I got says, "(2) complete a minimum 2-night stay at a hotel or resort within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio from October 1, 2012 through December 15, 2012." No talk of "participating hotel or resort" here. We shall see.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Please stop giving away MQMs and watering down elite ranks.
The Hilton MQM promotions are so limited that I doubt it makes much of an impact.

October 1st through December 15th is 76 days. If they allow a stay that starts December 14th to count, you could do this 38 times if you had started on Monday and did nothing but two night stays at Hiltons until mid December.

38 x 250 is 9500 MQMs. That's less than my signup bonus for an Amex card.

David
Old Oct 2, 2012, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Not Worth It

What a lame offer with so few hotels participating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.