Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Will DL have a DMQM promo before the end of 2012?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will DL have a DMQM promo before the end of 2012?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2012, 3:53 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by 122554
I wonder how many of us on this board have their status like me, solely by flying? No AMEX, no buying miles, etc.!

Anyone?
Me as well.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 5:21 am

I wonder how many of us on this board have their status like me, solely by flying? No AMEX, no buying miles, etc.!

Anyone?
Me ... BIS for DM last few years.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 6:01 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*

Anyone?
All of my MQM's have been earned in the seat every year and I have not been able to take advantage of any of the DMQM offers in previous years. While I would not like to see a DMQM offer come out, I would not turn the MQMs down if it worked into my travel plans. I would not go out of my way to do this though.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 6:15 am
mdb

My DM is all BIS, however my wife is DM and the AMEX Reserve 30k MQMs are useful for keeping her DM.... With the F monitization this has been useful....
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by andymo99
I enjoy rollover, but I'm not sure how sustainable it is, nor whether its inventors considered the long run.

Let's take a flyer who pulls in 200k MQM per year. (That's what I've earned the past couple years.) So you rollover 75k MQM - nice, but not too big a deal. Until, that is, we have lots of years of rollover behind us. 5 years into the program, you are rolling over 375k MQM. Combined with the MQMs that don't rollover, that's enough to be DM for the next four years, even assuming you don't earn more MQMs. At this point, I have DM through Feb 2015 --- assuming they don't change the program (yeah, right).

Eventually, with flyers having enormous rollovers, I foresee the program changing in some way.
Think of this as "lifetime" DM of limited duration.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I have 76K BIS miles this year and last year - however, my MQMs will/should get a 10K boost from DL Plat Amex by year end. So next year with rollover I confess I will get a boost from AMEX spend. Last year was all BIS and 2013 status will be BIS from this year so my 2014 status will have the AMEX contribution - sorry for the long answer.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM

Anyone?

OH OH OH! ME ME ME!!!!

I'll hit PM in December from flying only. A few MR's to get there but no AMEX, no MQM bonus.

Though I'm hoping I can get an AMEX next year. My credit score is a little wonky now so i'm sure AMEX would laugh at my application for Gold SM AMEX.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
I reach my status from flying and at least 90% of that is personal and paid for by me. Does that make me better than others?

I really couldn't possibly care less about AMEX MQMs or rollover or double MQMs than I do today. I think it is noise. I think it has an immaterial impact on upgrade rates. It is a non-issue for me.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
I am over 100,000 bis but will get dm with Amex cards.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:15 am

LOL! Another opportunity to play "king of the mountain"
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pbarnette
I reach my status from flying and at least 90% of that is personal and paid for by me. Does that make me better than others?

I really couldn't possibly care less about AMEX MQMs or rollover or double MQMs than I do today. I think it is noise. I think it has an immaterial impact on upgrade rates. It is a non-issue for me.
+1 I am not sure why people feel the need to differentiate the two. Should people who have never gotten a class of service or YBM bonus feel more pride in their earned MQMs than those who have?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:39 am

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
Status is status, doesn't matter how you get it, if you get it's without flying then you are not using a lot of benefits of the status since you are not flying anyway,
Exactly!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by andymo99
I enjoy rollover, but I'm not sure how sustainable it is, nor whether its inventors considered the long run.

Let's take a flyer who pulls in 200k MQM per year. (That's what I've earned the past couple years.) So you rollover 75k MQM - nice, but not too big a deal. Until, that is, we have lots of years of rollover behind us. 5 years into the program, you are rolling over 375k MQM. Combined with the MQMs that don't rollover, that's enough to be DM for the next four years, even assuming you don't earn more MQMs. At this point, I have DM through Feb 2015 --- assuming they don't change the program (yeah, right).

Eventually, with flyers having enormous rollovers, I foresee the program changing in some way.
There's a chance it may be NOT. Delta appreciates you flying thousands of miles. If you stop flying in 2013 but remain a Diamond through 2015, what does it cost Delta when you are NOT FLYING???? SkyClub membership that you do NOT use because you don't fly. SkyPriority that you don't use cuz you've stopped flying .... perhaps smart as we may think we are, Delta has us all fooled with this rollover thing --- personally, I like it as I don't waste my extra miles in no-man's land between PM and DM.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.

Anyone?
Solely.

However, I am the pot and I will call the kettle black.

I would jump into any mileage offer as well. Not so much for the MGM, but for the miles in general. I use them as presents and to be helpful to my large family if they have to travel somewhere in a hurray and can't afford it. The more miles for me = more flights for them.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by dean1121
My rollover has cost DL plenty this year. Because of this

Medallion® Qualification Miles (year to date): 709,394
incl. Medallion® Qualification Miles (rolled over):

I will spend over $25K with AA this year precisely because I have this redicoulous rollover amount. I still fly plenty of DL but they now get about 70% of my spend and not all of it.
Flying AA is not that convenient for me but I like having the options and their intl awards totally crap on SWU's.

I have no incentive to fly 300k miles with DL so now I don't.

Flame on.
You'd have the same lack of incentive to fly DL if you had no rollover. For someone who flies as much as you, I'd think having top tier status on multiple airlines would be very useful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.