Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class Seats on 767-300ER

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2012, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Business Class Seats on 767-300ER

I've done some digging on this and haven't found anything recent on the best business class seats on the 767-300ER.

I just booked a couple BE award tickets to Scandinavia (JFK-ARN and CPH-JFK) for next summer and the cabins are (unsurprisingly) empty, so I have my pick. Based on some other threads, it seems that Delta is upgrading this plane's BE seats to lie-flats, but that may not be completed by next year.

Assuming it's the old cradle seats, do the row 1 seats have any extra legroom or is it reduced by the bulkhead?

If anyone has flown this plane recently in business would be curious to get your take on what seats to pick.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
I've done some digging on this and haven't found anything recent on the best business class seats on the 767-300ER.

I just booked a couple BE award tickets to Scandinavia (JFK-ARN and CPH-JFK) for next summer and the cabins are (unsurprisingly) empty, so I have my pick. Based on some other threads, it seems that Delta is upgrading this plane's BE seats to lie-flats, but that may not be completed by next year.

Assuming it's the old cradle seats, do the row 1 seats have any extra legroom or is it reduced by the bulkhead?

If anyone has flown this plane recently in business would be curious to get your take on what seats to pick.
I would say pick seats on the F/G side as they seem to have a little more legroom. The only real benefits of row 1 are nobody reclining into you and you are first to get your meal.

With that said, I have heard my friend at Delta say that by next summer like 40 of the 58 767-300ERs will have the flatbed mods complete. I would say that at this point the seats you choose likely will not stick because there will likely be a number of equipment swaps between now and then. I think JFK-ARN and CPH would be prime candidates for the rumored 76Z configuration. That would mean you would have flatbeds then.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 5:20 pm

Programs: Delta
The 763's BE seats are not cradle style, but is found in the A330, and any 747 not redone. Many complain about the 763's older seats, and if you want a full recline, etc, the 763 is not for you. Hope that yours has been converted to lie flat by then. I personally don't have any real problem with the old style seats... in fact I was scheduled for one next Feb, but they changed our aircraft. Good luck.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 7:09 am

Programs: DM/3MM

Having recently flown these routes, I'd say that 1F/G is a good choice, with 1A/B a runner up. With luck you'll get one of the new lie-flats by then. As for being no one else in the cabin as of yet, you are right it's way out, but also these are heavy cruise routes in the summer, and the cruise lines often sell these seats as upgrades in an overall cruise package.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 7:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
if you wind up in the old configured 767, the only seat to pick, imho, is the bulkhead. There is no one in front of you to recline into your space and you still get the same legroom as if you were in any other BE seat. Only drawback in my book is the inability to stow personal items other then in the OHB during take-0ff and landing.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 7:40 am

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
if you wind up in the old configured 767, the only seat to pick, imho, is the bulkhead. There is no one in front of you to recline into your space and you still get the same legroom as if you were in any other BE seat. Only drawback in my book is the inability to stow personal items other then in the OHB during take-0ff and landing.
+1, 1C for me unless travelling with someone
Old Aug 29, 2012, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IRISHFLYER1
+1, 1C for me unless travelling with someone
Great info here. Thanks. I will pick 1 F/G. Not counting on the new lie-flats by then, but if we get those it'll be a nice bonus.

Booking so far in advance still seems a little crazy, but I haven't had much luck getting low-level BE awards to Europe during the summer season on good days without booking almost a year out.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
No threads...!?!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-aircraft.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...n-jfk-fra.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ng-thread.html
Old Aug 29, 2012, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Don't need anything recent. Anything ancient will suffice, because those seats haven't changed in quite a long time, except for the few that have a completed flat bed mod which you're not likely to see on those routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.