Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Snack Offered FNT -DTW

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Snack Offered FNT -DTW

I flew from FNT to DTW today (8/23) and had a unique experience --- before the plane left the gate, the FA came around with a bag of pretzels and then while we were in the offer came around with water.

First time in years of flying this route that something like this has happened when I've been on board.

Of course, the flight was only in the air for a grand total of 15 minutes.

Bob H
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
FA must be new 'round these parts
Old Aug 23, 2012, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I remember flying the Avro's from FNT-DTW and getting granola bars on the morning flights and pre-departure drinks.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
Had this happen to me last weekend on DTW-MDW, FA on flight said she normally flies the FNT route - young female FA? I think it is the FA more then the norm. Also came around and offered all elite passengers something to drink and thanked us for our business.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Bloody hell, you barely get above 10000 feet surely.This flight is shorter than ATL-CHA
Old Aug 23, 2012, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
I remember flying the Avro's from FNT-DTW and getting granola bars on the morning flights and pre-departure drinks.
Oh man, I forgot about the granola bars in the mornings! Those really were appreciated especially if I didn't get a chance to get breakfast before an early flight.

Just another reason those Mesaba RJ-85 flights were the best thing in the air. Comfortable aircraft with great crews.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Bloody hell, you barely get above 10000 feet surely.This flight is shorter than ATL-CHA
I've flown this route a few times, pilot once came on and said we were scheduled for 8000 feet.

Never got a snack on that one, but this past Friday on ATL-CSG (which isn't much longer, maybe 20 minutes) the FA gave us all biscoff's. I was surprised.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 7:10 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mudpuppy
I've flown this route a few times, pilot once came on and said we were scheduled for 8000 feet.

Never got a snack on that one, but this past Friday on ATL-CSG (which isn't much longer, maybe 20 minutes) the FA gave us all biscoff's. I was surprised.
I had an ASA FA do a full beverage service on CHA-ATL once. It was pretty impressive.^
Old Aug 23, 2012, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by TTT
I had an ASA FA do a full beverage service on CHA-ATL once. It was pretty impressive.^
That route is one that is scheduled to get the jets with a first class cabin too. Dam I wish I was still living in Dalton, GA
Old Aug 23, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
That route is one that is scheduled to get the jets with a first class cabin too. Dam I wish I was still living in Dalton, GA
dam straight. dc-9s, CR7, CR9
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:03 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Accor Live Limitless Diamond
Hit and miss

I've had the same experience occasionally on MSN-MSP route, usually about 30min flying time. While not scheduled for beverage service, I have sometimes had CRJ FAs come around with a limited selection of drinks...definitely a step above and beyond, and appreciated.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond
So it sounds as if all these short hops are catered as if there is a chance that snacks or drinks will be offered?
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:37 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
i remember a great PMNW flight DTW-LAN where we had full predeparture beverages, full inflight service, and refills, in a 16-seat DC93 F cabin.... (i then rented a car and drove an hour back to detroit -- i was only on the flight because it was cheaper to take it than to not.....)

FNT-DTW is all CRJ2 now, right? that service in CRJ2 Y is a cut above...
Old Aug 23, 2012, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
It's nice (but exceedingly rare nowadays) when an FA makes an attempt to provide any service on these short routes. I used to fly the D9s LAN- or FNT-DTW a lot and the F service was always great. Even remember getting water or juice in coach pre-merger. Ah... the good ol' days.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by carybrevard
So it sounds as if all these short hops are catered as if there is a chance that snacks or drinks will be offered?
Well, I recently went JFK-BWI (CRJ) getting a full can of coke, pretzels, peanuts AND biscoff but a couple of days later on IAD-JFK (CR2) I got nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.