Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How long can a stopover be before they won't check luggage through to final?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat

I have a 17 hour stopover at CDG on my way home from GVA, any issues checking my bag all the way through to final destination?

Since it has to cross the pond with me I didn't know if CDG would have a problem sitting on it for 17 hours.

We get in around 6PM and leave around 11AM.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL DM
You should be able to check all the way through. That said, you might be better off reclaiming the bags so they don't get lost. We had a 12 hour layover at CDG in March and our bags made it all the way through no problem.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: DAL PM 1M
I believe it is considered a layover if it's less than 24 hours. I do this annually at CDG. works great. DAL keeps our big checked bags, we take the RER into the city for the night with carry-ons only. I purposefully get 23 hour layovers to be able to do this.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by debtreks
I believe it is considered a layover if it's less than 24 hours. I do this annually at CDG. works great. DAL keeps our big checked bags, we take the RER into the city for the night with carry-ons only. I purposefully get 23 hour layovers to be able to do this.
That's my plan, I don't want to drag the big bag on the train.

Last edited by teCh0010; Aug 21, 2012 at 2:05 pm
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
One other option is to reclaim the bags and store them at the left luggage in 2A. It is a small kiosk (they take the bags elsewhere) that is landside abutting the glass wall nearest the curb.

When I had a 17 hour layover at CDG, I claimed my bags and stored them with left luggage. It enabled me to take the RER into the city without dragging my bags around, yet I was sure where my bags were. CDG can be a big black hole for bags, and a long layover can contribute to bag loss/misplacement just as much as a tight connection.

Caution - make sure you note the hours of the left luggage service so you can retrieve your bags before they close (it was not a 24/7 service when I utilized it).
Old Aug 21, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by ecaarch
Caution - make sure you note the hours of the left luggage service so you can retrieve your bags before they close (it was not a 24/7 service when I utilized it).
http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/e...ages-Monde.htm

apparently 6 am - 9:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.