Wiki Posts
Search

Snack Basket Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2012, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
Snack Basket Suggestions

The snack basket seems to be quite variable with regards to appearance and content. Shorter flights seem to have coach "choice of one" selections, if it even comes out during the flight. Trans cons seems more consistent.

So let's start with the longer 3 hours plus flights. What would you like to see in the basket other than the usual vending machine menu? I say keep the Sun Chips and a candy bar. Biscoffs only, they're signature airline.

Oh, and on another note. . . . why can't they serve a bag or two (don't break the bank) bag of peanuts with the pre flight drink?

How outrageous would it be to have a pre sliced wrap, veggie or meat? Now that would be a snack! Or they could have carrot and celery sticks with that salad dressing served in the SC and questionable cheese pacs. How about wings with that dressing? Probably not, the bones would find their way to the seat back pocket and stay there for months.

But seriously, what would you like to suggest for something other than feeling like you're standing in front of a machine with a roll of quarters?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 6:02 pm

Programs: Delta Sky Miles
ketchup flavored potato chips, I have been told that they are really good

It would also be nice if the bags of peanuts were a decent size
Old Aug 20, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
I would enjoy a selection of Clif bars, they are filling and taste great. Especially the crunchy peanut butter and mint chocolate chip. I do like the garden salsa Sun Chips, but would also grab a bag of salt and vinegar chips if offered (the Cape Cod Chips type).
Old Aug 20, 2012, 6:08 pm
Suspended

Peanuts

And easier to open!!!!!!
Old Aug 20, 2012, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by boeingATL
How outrageous would it be to have a pre sliced wrap, veggie or meat? Now that would be a snack!
I'm guessing it's a refrigeration issue, but I, too, would love it if they offered some sort of sandwich or wrap. Nothing fancy, just some sort of pre-packaged item that is more substantial then the normal chips/cookies/etc.

I would also love to see this in the skyclubs too, but that is another issue.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 6:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Stacey's pita chips.

Regular shortbread cookies without the chocolate bits.

In my dreams, decent (real) cheese and crackers. (I sometimes bring my own to consume with wine on board.)
Old Aug 20, 2012, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by jjdub86
I would enjoy a selection of Clif bars, they are filling and taste great. Especially the crunchy peanut butter and mint chocolate chip. I do like the garden salsa Sun Chips, but would also grab a bag of salt and vinegar chips if offered (the Cape Cod Chips type).
Give me my Woodford, Banana, Garden Salsa Sun Chips and Cape Cod S&V.

"Who can ask for anything more?"
Old Aug 20, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL DM,MM; AS; USeless Air, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Gold
mini bags of carrots and more apples please -- just something, anything healthy would be so nice.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by cbalaska
just something, anything healthy would be so nice.
+1

Craisins just don't cut it.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 6:53 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cbalaska
mini bags of carrots and more apples please -- just something, anything healthy would be so nice.
I always liked the mini carrots in NW WCs, in cute little packages. For apples, I'm only interested in the green sour ones like Granny Smith or Macintosh.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL FO
[QUOTE
Regular shortbread cookies without the chocolate bits.
[/QUOTE]

agreed, these are definitely around and are much tastier than the ones with chocolate IMHO
Old Aug 20, 2012, 6:57 pm
zld

Programs: AA EP, DL GM
Hummus and pita chips like in the SC. Carrots/celery and cheese would be nice and can survive a few hours without refrigeration.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:03 pm

Programs: DL
I would really like to see the BE warm nuts given with the first drink service. I think it would add a nice little touch.

I think having little mini-sandwiches would add a nice touch too. It doesn't have to be much, just like a mini roll with ham and cheese and maybe lettuce.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by RMAnalystATL
I would really like to see the BE warm nuts given with the first drink service. I think it would add a nice little touch.

I think having little mini-sandwiches would add a nice touch too. It doesn't have to be much, just like a mini roll with ham and cheese and maybe lettuce.
It would be nice, but the practical logistical problem is that the ham sandwich would require refrigeration and have a short shelf life, unlike the packaged snack basket staples. There could also be a problem with general messiness, including do they offer mayonnaise and mustard packets (with knives or other spreading tool) or have the sandwich pre-spread, which won't agree with everyone's preferences. On RJs, the snack baskets seem to be loaded on the first exHUB flight of the day and need to be able to survive the day as long as they're not offered to early passengers. This limits the choices to room-temp packages of things that don't decay or deteriorate quickly. I'm surprised that bananas are among the choices as they can turn brown and go bad very quickly, plus they're subject to ugly bruises (and brown-colored inside fruit) if not handled very carefully and gently, so no allowing passengers to squeeze the fruit before picking a piece.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by RMAnalystATL

Ham Sandwich, really?

I agree with the Cliff bar suggestion. Would not mind a cheese/fruit plate with some pig products. Mini bags of popcorn also work nicely with liquor

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.