Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Oasis access at JFK as Sky Club member on OA flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2012, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Can you access the Oasis Lounge at JFK T4 as a Sky Club member when you're not traveling on a Delta flight? I've had no problem in the past showing my Sky Club card and jetBlue boarding pass but yesterday I stopped in and was denied entry.

Delta.com is inconclusive on the issue- it says that as a SC member you're allowed in, but I think that makes the assumption that you're on a ticketed DL flight.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Unfortunately, the folks staffing the desk at the Oasis lounge are a bit clueless. I have asked this on several occasions and have never received a definitive answer. They have even tried to block me from entering once by telling me that I can only access the lounge if I am flying DL internationally (completely untrue). That said, I believe that to access the club, you are supposed to be travelling on a Skyteam airline, so I'm not sure how you got in when flying Jetblue (though see my clueless comment above).
Old Aug 16, 2012, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
According to the Sky Club locations web page, you need only be a Sky Club member. Not sure if KLM has its own unpublished rules.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 5:23 pm

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
outside security = unpublished rules?

Clubs that are outside security seem to have varying rules, or varying applications of rules, especially if there's substantial food. In theory, if you had a job near JFK, you could eat and drink there every day.

Some airlines extend some perks to up to nine guests.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 10:27 pm

Programs: DL Plat,UA Platinum, HHonors Gold
Later this week I'm flying from CDG to JFK on Air France. Unfortunately I'm connecting to JetBlue at JFK. Since I'm a SkyClub member and SkyTeam elite I'm counting on the Oasis lounge to let me in. I've never arrived at JFK on Air France but I'm assuming that I won't be able to access the Korean Air or Air France lounges upon arrival.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 1:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
After clearing customs, you should be land side and only able to go airside again in the terminal area for your departing flight. This would mean no KE or AF lounge for you, even if they were willing to let you enter using SkyTeam ElitePlus to use them as arrivals lounges, which foreign carriers usually interpret strictly. However, there's a theoretical TSA rule that as a departing passenger from some airport, you can go airside into any terminal at that airport. I've done this at PHL and PHX, although not extremely recently.

Have you tried to get into Oasis without showing any departing boarding pass? This has been done by some NYC folks to celebrate their GE interviews on days when they weren't flying. If the dragon wants a boarding pass, show the TATL one rather than Jet Blue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.