Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta 767-400ER International Power Sockets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2009, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Boeing 767-400ER Power Port

Flying from Atlanta to Barcelona on a Delta 767-400ER on Oct 1. What type of power port is in seat 33G? Empower, auto/car/cigarette. Seat Guru says all seats have power but I have no idea what type of adapter I will need to run my laptop. Can't find any useful info on the Delta site.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 7:50 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ucts/power.jsp

"110 Volt Ports

In-Seat AC 110 volt power outlets are available at all seats in the BusinessElite cabin and the first 10 rows of Economy on all of Delta's international 747-400, A330, 757, 767-400ER, and 777 aircraft."
Old Jul 3, 2009, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Vunder31
http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ucts/power.jsp

"110 Volt Ports

In-Seat AC 110 volt power outlets are available at all seats in the BusinessElite cabin and the first 10 rows of Economy on all of Delta's international 747-400, A330, 757, 767-400ER, and 777 aircraft."
The link you listed says that the Delta 767-400ER has EmPower ports are available in the rest of the seats and that is what I needed to know. Thanks, now I know what type of adapters to buy.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 10:07 am

Programs: UA Premier, VS Red
767-400ER (76C - Transatlantic) Seatguru says..

There are AC power ports located at every seat in BusinessElite. The power in economy varies from aircraft to aircraft. According to Delta, power ports are located between every seat in economy; however, most aircraft only have power in the first 8-10 rows of economy.

Because of these inconsistencies, if you are sitting in economy, come prepared with an EmPower adapter and sit in rows 15-22.
In seats equipped with AC Power, all you'll need is the standard wall power brick that came with your laptop or other electrical device.The power on the plane is typically 110V AC and features a semi-universal receptacle that accepts the following types of plugs:
US non-polarized 2-blade plug (both blades are the same size)
US polarized 2-blade plug (one blade is bigger than the other)
US non-polarized 2-blade plug with Ground (aka three-prong)
European standard 2-cylindrical prong plug (two round prongs)
Old Jul 3, 2009, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

&67-400ER

SeatGuru was the first place I went. On Delta's site, they say that on the 767-400ER Transatlantic has power at all seats. AC on some with Empower on the others. 33G is in the OTHERS category. That's fine with me as long as I know what to expect.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 11:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
Originally Posted by Bulldog3777
SeatGuru was the first place I went. On Delta's site, they say that on the 767-400ER Transatlantic has power at all seats. AC on some with Empower on the others. 33G is in the OTHERS category. That's fine with me as long as I know what to expect.
Really? Not according to the info I found.
What Delta web page says that the 767-400ER TA has power at all seats?
Old Sep 8, 2009, 1:05 pm

Boeing 767-400ER Video On Demand In Economy Class

This question is not exactly about Power Ports, but is somewhat related to it. Can someone tell me if Boeing 767-400ER's have the individual Video on Demand screens (movies, tv shows, games at your own leisure) for each seat in Economy class? Seatguru.com says they all do, but when I call Delta, no one seems to be sure. The particular flight I am interested in is the Non-Stop between ATL and FCO.

Thanks!
Old Sep 8, 2009, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As this is specific to the Delta config of the 764, off it goes to SkyMiles land...

-sbm12,
Moderator, Travel Technology
Old Sep 8, 2009, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Originally Posted by cruisekm
This question is not exactly about Power Ports, but is somewhat related to it. Can someone tell me if Boeing 767-400ER's have the individual Video on Demand screens (movies, tv shows, games at your own leisure) for each seat in Economy class? Seatguru.com says they all do, but when I call Delta, no one seems to be sure. The particular flight I am interested in is the Non-Stop between ATL and FCO.

Thanks!
Yes, all 764's have nose to tail AVOD.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 2:45 pm

Good afternoon all, if this is in the wrong forum please feel free to move it.

I am traveling LHR-ATL in October, and will be doing so regularly overt he next few years. I have snagged a seat in Eco Comfort (15A) on a 764 and have done a little reading regarding powering my Macbook Pro during the trip.

DLs website states it has a 110v plug, confirmed by SeatGuru, but I have been unable to tell the following:

1) Since I have a British plug for my macbook, will I need to buy a standard 2 prong converter to use it on the flight? (I will be anyway, to use my laptop in the US)

2) Will the power (110v) be sufficient to power the MBP without kicking off the plug? Can anyone advise how best to avoid this?

3) Can anyone who has traveled DL EC confirm where the plug is actually located on the seat?

Many thanks in advance
Old Aug 2, 2012, 3:59 pm

Delta 764 International Power Sockets

Good afternoon all, if this is in the wrong forum please feel free to move it.

I am traveling LHR-ATL in October, and will be doing so regularly overt he next few years. I have snagged a seat in Eco Comfort (15A) on a 764 and have done a little reading regarding powering my Macbook Pro during the trip.

DLs website states it has a 110v plug, confirmed by SeatGuru, but I have been unable to tell the following:

1) Since I have a British plug for my macbook, will I need to buy a standard 2 prong converter to use it on the flight? (I will be anyway, to use my laptop in the US)

2) Will the power (110v) be sufficient to power the MBP without kicking off the plug? Can anyone advise how best to avoid this?

3) Can anyone who has traveled DL EC confirm where the plug is actually located on the seat?

Many thanks in advance
Old Aug 2, 2012, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Luke Kelland
I can't speak to your other questions as I've never been on the 764, but I can say that the power should be plenty sufficient to run your laptop. I've never had trouble on Delta's 777s. Don't worry about the voltage difference; if your laptop power adapter is worldwide (which all the ones I've seen in the last 15 years have been), you will only need a physical adapter to get plug into socket and you'll be good to go.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Think 75W maximum.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
First, look closely at the plug itself, specifically at the information telling you what voltage range it will handle. In the US they handle 110 to 220 so are pretty much universal. I do not know what the British plugs are designed to handle. If it says 110-220 (or close to that, like 105-240 is ok, too) then you only will need the common adapter from the British triple prong plug to a US 2 or 3 prong plug.

As others said, once you can handle the voltage there will be sufficient power available.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
I've used my 13" MacBook Pro's power adapter in EC on the 764 just fine. It is a bit to get it into position, since it's down under the seat, but it works. Standard two-prong should do the trick for you, as I was living in the UK at the time and just switched back to one of the US plugs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.