Wiki Posts
Search

The Humpty Dance and No Upgrades...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta/Marriott Rewards/HH
The Humpty Dance and No Upgrades...

First off - I take the blame for booking an afternoon flight out of Atlanta on a Monday - As a mere silver, I wouldn't get an upgrade and figured I might as well spend some extra time at home anyway.

Day starts off well enough in FLL. Expected a two hour layover in ATL to PHF. Two hour layover with another hour delay pretty much just sucked - But not nearly as much as the attitude of the FA's on the aircraft.

Apparently the mechanical delays caused a different aircraft to be dispatched and upon boarding I noticed it was a two class aircraft - Upgrade maybe? (A rare occurrence for me these days as there were 6 vacant seats) I politely asked the female FA if there would be any upgrades to which she replys "I don't know why they didn't offer them" and walks away. Still thinking... maybe.. just maybe..

Gate agent walks to the end of the jet way and the FA tells her "This lady is already asking why she didn't get upgraded" (Not exactly what I asked...), the agent says "Well, if she's a medallion I don't have a problem with her moving." To which the FA replies "She can sit where she is." and starts ridiculing me (I can hear her and now the 2nd FA from my seat). The second FA now proceeds to mock passengers in general who want upgrades and starts doing the "Humpty Dance" - Trust me.. Not really a pretty site.

Seriously, not getting the upgrade wasn't a big deal for me, but was it really necessary to ridicule me in front of other passengers?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:27 pm
Suspended

Location: No longer spreadin' into your seat... down 187 pounds and at goal!
Programs: Delta360; DL Private Jets; Former KFC Golden Bucket
What's the "Humpty Dance"??
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I'm guessing you were on flight 4918. It is not the flight attendant's call to determine where you sit. If the gate agent had no problem with you moving up to the first class cabin then there should have been no other discussion. Please let Delta know about this Expressjet crew. These two flight attendants need to be kicked to the curb.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:38 pm
Suspended

Location: No longer spreadin' into your seat... down 187 pounds and at goal!
Programs: Delta360; DL Private Jets; Former KFC Golden Bucket
Originally Posted by fishernrex
Seriously, not getting the upgrade wasn't a big deal for me, but was it really necessary to ridicule me in front of other passengers?
Absolutely not. The customer is NOT the enemy and these employees should not be in customer-facing jobs. There needs to be an iPhone App to fire employees like these people on the spot. After a few public hangings this behavior will stop.

You should have:
- gotten their names in a discreet manner
- written a letter to Richard Anderson
- FedEx'd the letter to Richard... he sits at CE Woolman's desk every day... so the FedEx guy knows where to find him

Last edited by fattieonboard; Jul 10, 2012 at 11:10 pm
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Unacceptable behavior on the FA's part. Send in a complaint via Delta.com. It was the GA's call where you would sit, not the FA's.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by fattieonboard
- FedEx'd the letter to Richard... he sits at CE Woolman's desk every day so the FedEx guy knows where to find him
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta/Marriott Rewards/HH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj9_yW8tZxs

The humpty dance - Yep.. I had to look it up!

And flight 5382 - Already sent the letter... Now.. I have to admit.. I didn't bother to CC Mr. Anderson - YET!
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:05 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Absolutely LUVIT!!!

FedEx'd the letter to Richard... he sits at CE Woolman's desk every day so the FedEx guy knows where to find him
Yes, address the letter to:

Richard Anderson
C E Woolman's Desk
Atlanta, Center of the Universe, Georgia

I'm sure it'll find its way there fast!

Last edited by davetravels; Jul 11, 2012 at 9:50 am Reason: Apostrophe in wrong place!
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
- FedEx'd the letter to Richard... he sits at CE Woolman's desk every day... so the FedEx guy knows where to find him
^^^^
Old Jul 11, 2012, 5:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Upon hearing the GA's remark, I would have walked up to the GA, FF card or boarding pass in hand, and said something like "would 2B be OK?" The FAs can dance all they want--very unprofessional--but I'd be in FC and almost dare them to not provide FC service.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 6:41 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Waiting for the inevitible post blaming the OP...
Old Jul 11, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
Originally Posted by james318
Waiting for the inevitible post blaming the OP...
It is the OPs fault. If the OP wanted flights with professional flight attendants, the OP should have just upgraded to the professional flight attendant fare. Geez, when will people learn?

At least the OP got a free dance show. What more of an upgrade does one need?

Old Jul 11, 2012, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Upon hearing the GA's remark, I would have walked up to the GA, FF card or boarding pass in hand, and said something like "would 2B be OK?" The FAs can dance all they want--very unprofessional--but I'd be in FC and almost dare them to not provide FC service.
I personally would have walked up to them and called them out for the abhorrent behavior in front of the customer, happily watching the FA insert foot in mouth. Then taken my F seat. Then wrote a letter. We all know FA's believe all pax to be SLF, but it's absolutely disgusting to have ti thrown in our faces.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Originally Posted by tkey75
I personally would have walked up to them and called them out for the abhorrent behavior in front of the customer, happily watching the FA insert foot in mouth. Then taken my F seat. Then wrote a letter. We all know FA's believe all pax to be SLF, but it's absolutely disgusting to have ti thrown in our faces.
Dramatic much?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by davetravels
Absolutely LUVIT!!!

Yes, address the letter to:

Richard Anderson
C E Woolman's Desk
Atlanta, Center of the Universe, Georgia

I'm sure it'll find it's way there fast!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.