Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Benefits flying on Alaska Air

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2012, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Benefits flying on Alaska Air

I'm sure this has been answered before but a quick search do it for me. -1 internets for me...

I'm PM on delta flying on Alaska Air in about 2 weeks.

- The alaska air online system thinks I'm a Delta Silver instead of a PM, what can I do about this?

- I'm fairly certain that if my status is correctly reflected then I can choose premium seats, is that correct?

- I have the AMEX Delta reserve. Will I be able to access an alaska lounge in Seattle while travelling on Alaska air or is that benefit only when travelling on Delta metal?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sd1024
I'm sure this has been answered before but a quick search do it for me. -1 internets for me...

- The alaska air online system thinks I'm a Delta Silver instead of a PM, what can I do about this?

- I'm fairly certain that if my status is correctly reflected then I can choose premium seats, is that correct?

- I have the AMEX Delta reserve. Will I be able to access an alaska lounge in Seattle while travelling on Alaska air or is that benefit only when travelling on Delta metal?
The Amex Delta Reserve card will not get you into the Alaska lounge whether you are flying Alaska or Delta. It does not grant access to partner lounges, only true Delta Sky Clubs.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the clarification, I just reread the page and I don't know how I didn't pick up on that the first time.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion | SPG Gold
One cool thing I found is that I got DL miles and MQM on an Alaska ticket that was booked using BA miles..... maybe they were just as confused about the booking as my dad was when I told him about it
Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sd1024

1) Try calling AS about this. A PM gets 2 free checked bags, priority seating, prioity security line, and upgrades. An FO gets only one free checked bag.

2) Yes, you can get the premium seats as a PM.

3) The lounge question was answered. But, an F ticket does get you into the AS lounge without a membership.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:20 pm

The reserve card include real Sky Club membership...do you have a Sky Club membership card? This will get you into the Boardroom if you have a ticket on AS or DL.

Also Priority Pass if you have it...
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Had a DL booked, Horizon/Alaska operated flight SJC-LAX-SJC today. Boarding pass said DL SkyMiles # on it and DL Gold. At SJC, I just went in the regular security line since there was little/no line.

Leaving LAX just now, there was a guy directing people to the regular or priority security line. I told him I was a DL Gold and he had me go in the priority security line (no wait). So YMMV, but they let me go through the priority line with DL Gold printed on the boarding pass.

No checked bags, but going to OGG in April my wife and I both got free checked bags and priority seat selection with me as DL Gold. A
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR

3) The lounge question was answered. But, an F ticket does get you into the AS lounge without a membership.
IIRC to get lounge access with a FC ticket, it must be paid FC, not upgraded or an award ticket, but please verify this if it matters for you.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by w0r1dtrave1er
The reserve card include real Sky Club membership...do you have a Sky Club membership card? This will get you into the Boardroom if you have a ticket on AS or DL.

Also Priority Pass if you have it...
No, the Reserve card is only SC access when flying DL, etc. It is not a SC membership, although DM gets you a real SC membership.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:03 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC to get lounge access with a FC ticket, it must be paid FC, not upgraded or an award ticket, but please verify this if it matters for you.
Incorrect. Boardroom access is for paid or award F (award F is booked in "a" class). But boardroom access is not granted for upgraded tickets. Note this is if booked on AS metal. If F on DL metal, no boardroom access.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL GM
has AS closed the "loophole" that allowed dl elites to "steal" an upgrade if they checked in on the AS website?
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by sectflyer
has AS closed the "loophole" that allowed dl elites to "steal" an upgrade if they checked in on the AS website?
That is strange. I flew AS this last weekend on both pure AS flights and on AS flights with DL codeshare. I got upgraded on both and am only a PM
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Originally Posted by roknroll
Had a DL booked, Horizon/Alaska operated flight SJC-LAX-SJC today. Boarding pass said DL SkyMiles # on it and DL Gold. At SJC, I just went in the regular security line since there was little/no line.

Leaving LAX just now, there was a guy directing people to the regular or priority security line. I told him I was a DL Gold and he had me go in the priority security line (no wait). So YMMV, but they let me go through the priority line with DL Gold printed on the boarding pass.

No checked bags, but going to OGG in April my wife and I both got free checked bags and priority seat selection with me as DL Gold. A
Minor point but the security lines at LAX T6 have priority lines for AS elite, DL medallion, united elite, etc. many airlines go out of that terminal.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL GM
what i am referring to is the little icon that says "upgrade to first class" on the upper left hand portion of the as check in screen.. i had checked in and it was not available. then a few hours before the flight i checked again and it was there. i snagged it and got my ug. at the airport there was a lengthy ug list at the gate and as mvp flyers went to the back. i took the last fc seat as a dl gold in this manner. twice actually on a pdx to bos transcon!
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
AS Boardroom access is granted for all DM's since DM's are SC members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.