Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles Earned?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2012, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Miles Earned?

Hey gang. Dumb question - if I purchase a group of flights on DL, and enter SkyMiles numbers for some of the passengers, will they earn the appropriate miles, or not, since they did not pay for the ticket themselves?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: DL MM Gold
As long as the SM accounts are in the travelers names, they get the miles. Same as if a company credit card is used to pay for a ticket.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, Marriot Silver, Delta Plat AMEX, Reserve AMEX
i buy my 3 yr old his plane tickets for our vacations and he gets miles. i wish my parents would have done the same when i was growing up.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:11 am

This holds true on most revenue fares although award tickets and certain group rates do not qualify to earn EQMs.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: WN,DL,AA,UA,B6,more!
Originally Posted by JTbeatsNYC
Hey gang. Dumb question - if I purchase a group of flights on DL, and enter SkyMiles numbers for some of the passengers, will they earn the appropriate miles, or not, since they did not pay for the ticket themselves?
Yes.

Assuming they are on a mileage earning fare they will get the appropriate miles no matter who pays.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
That is why actual flown miles are referred to as BIS (butt in Seat) miles. Whose butt is in the seat get the miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.