Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL in Y or 1st on UA or AA ~price What would YOU do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2012, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Fare: $1100ish

Currently GM. Flying pattern suggests I'm going to drop to FO next year. This trip won't make a difference other than providing a bit more rollover.

Outbound: PHX-PTY is in U on a Friday.
Return: PTY-ATL-SLC-SAN is in Y 8 days later.

There is a chance for an upgrade on outbound. Don't really know what the chances are having never flown this route.

Return will almost certainly include upgrades on domestic segments as the upgrade was showing as "available" the last time I looked. I would think the PTY-ATL segment ought to give me a better than average shot for the upgrade.

I can book UA for a few bucks less or AA for a few bucks more.

So, what would YOU do?

If you did book a different carrier, which one would you choose?

Thanks!
Old Jun 4, 2012, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL Gold, SkyClub, AA PLT, CO Silver, AS MVPGLD
If going to PTY in Y will help you get to Gold I would definitely choose that. I'd imagine the PTY-ATL upgrade would be pretty easy as well.

Since you're Gold now, you'll be getting the bonus miles and since you're in Y on the return you'll get the 50% MQM bonus. Even if you don't hit Gold, you'll reap the benefits of going with Delta on this trip to qualify for the following year with the rollover!
Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.