Wiki Posts
Search

DTW & mobile boarding pass?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2012, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Question DTW & mobile boarding pass?

Hi Gang--is DTW one of the airports that has the scanners at the security checkpoint (for DL) so you can have your boarding pass on your iPhone?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 28, 2012, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by atl runner
Hi Gang--is DTW one of the airports that has the scanners at the security checkpoint (for DL) so you can have your boarding pass on your iPhone?

Thanks in advance.
Yes but I think all US airports can accept mobile passes at this point. I fly UA but exclusively use mobile passes and have yet to find an airport that does not take them.
Old May 28, 2012, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by avidflyer
Yes but I think all US airports can accept mobile passes at this point. I fly UA but exclusively use mobile passes and have yet to find an airport that does not take them.
At least until recently ( and maybe still now), you couldn't use it at SFO--the Delta security checkpoint. In fact, when you checked in, it didn't give you the option of a mobile BP.

Thanks for the DTW info.
Old May 28, 2012, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Delta's mobile check-in routine is intended to prohibit airports that are not scanner-equipped. If you see the option, TSA should have the scanners.
Old May 28, 2012, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Delta's mobile check-in routine is intended to prohibit airports that are not scanner-equipped. If you see the option, TSA should have the scanners.
Yes, I was aware of that. Wanted to know about DTW now, and before next weekend when I will be flying out of there.
Old May 28, 2012, 9:21 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
At least until recently ( and maybe still now), you couldn't use it at SFO--the Delta security checkpoint. In fact, when you checked in, it didn't give you the option of a mobile BP.
Not sure how many airports this applies to, but if the terminals are connected airside then you can use a different security checkpoint that has readers if the DL checkpoint lacks them (or they are broken).

For example, at ORD I have used both terminal 1 (UA) and terminal 3 (AA) with a DL mobile boarding pass without any issues.
Old May 28, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: DL PM
Yes, DTW has mobile scanners at TSA checkpoints.

DTW_newbie
Old May 28, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by DTW newbie
Yes, DTW has mobile scanners at TSA checkpoints.

DTW_newbie
It also has a priority line and one of those where you can keep your shoes on lines (on the ticket counter level).

Bob H

Last edited by BobH; May 28, 2012 at 10:15 am
Old May 28, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I do not think this is 100% accurate in practice. Often I do not have the ability to use mobile boarding pass with Delta at airports that do support mobile boarding passes and have seen passengers use them for other airlines. And lately (last 1-2 months), many times I have not been able to get a mobile boarding pass for airports where I have gotten them before many times. Case in point, today I could not get one for Jacksonville, Fl nor could I 3 weeks ago. But last week and 4 weeks ago I was able to.

I think it is all part of delta's substandard IT system.
Old May 28, 2012, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BobH
It also has a priority line and one of those where you can keep your shoes on lines (on the ticket counter level).

Bob H
Pre-Check! Great! What do you mean by "on the ticket counter level"--where exactly, and as opposed to where else? I've never been to DTW. Will be returning a rental car next Sunday afternoon, then coming from the car rental shuttle bus into the airport, and am not checking luggage.
Old May 28, 2012, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pre-Check! Great! What do you mean by "on the ticket counter level"--where exactly, and as opposed to where else? I've never been to DTW. Will be returning a rental car next Sunday afternoon, then coming from the car rental shuttle bus into the airport, and am not checking luggage.
DTW has TSA checkpoints at two levels -- the bridge level from the parking structure and the check-in counters level above it. I believe the rental car buses drop you off in the parking garage where you will go up one level to take the bridge to the terminal. There is a TSA security checkpoint at the bridge level, but you will need to go up one more level to get to the check-in area to the Sky Priority TSA checkpoint that has Pre-Check.
Old May 28, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM

Thanks for the DTW info.
Still no mobile boarding passes at SFO sadly, as of yesterday. The full list of mobile check-in airports is here:
https://www.delta.com/traveling_chec...ckin/index.jsp

Originally Posted by patrickATX
I do not think this is 100% accurate in practice. Often I do not have the ability to use mobile boarding pass with Delta at airports that do support mobile boarding passes and have seen passengers use them for other airlines. And lately (last 1-2 months), many times I have not been able to get a mobile boarding pass for airports where I have gotten them before many times. Case in point, today I could not get one for Jacksonville, Fl nor could I 3 weeks ago. But last week and 4 weeks ago I was able to.

I think it is all part of delta's substandard IT system.
I think it is true that DL.com will never give you the option of a mobile boarding pass where mobile boarding passes are not accepted, but it's not true that DL.com will always give you the option of a mobile boarding pass in places where they are.
Old May 28, 2012, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LBJ
DTW has TSA checkpoints at two levels -- the bridge level from the parking structure and the check-in counters level above it. I believe the rental car buses drop you off in the parking garage where you will go up one level to take the bridge to the terminal. There is a TSA security checkpoint at the bridge level, but you will need to go up one more level to get to the check-in area to the Sky Priority TSA checkpoint that has Pre-Check.
This is very helpful. I've got a clear picture and will print this to take with me--just tp be safe. Thanks.
Old May 28, 2012, 5:33 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: Delta Air Lines
Originally Posted by 18sas
Still no mobile boarding passes at SFO sadly, as of yesterday. The full list of mobile check-in airports is here:
https://www.delta.com/traveling_chec...ckin/index.jsp
If your trip starts in one of these cities you will get a mobile boarding pass as an option. There are a couple of things that need to be taken into consideration:
  • You can only be checking in one passenger at a time
  • You need to have a seat assigned (will need to double check this one)
  • If you want the eBP in the mobile applications you will need to check in first using the mobile application.
Old May 28, 2012, 5:45 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
DTW still does not have handwriting sensors

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.