FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1350303-hall-shame-photographic-evidence-disgusting-acts-delta-air-lines-passengers.html)

sol95 Mar 6, 2018 2:13 am

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 29490795)
While taxiing to the gate a short while ago in NRT:

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...7dbdbf867b.jpg

That looks like business class. And if it is, my question is why the heck is the seat so close to the bulkhead?!!! I haven't flown any US carrier in international J as I try to avoid them as far as possible, but if this is indicative of a Delta J cabin, that's ridiculous...

tentseller Mar 6, 2018 2:55 am

Originally Posted by sol95 (Post 29490940)
That looks like business class. And if it is, my question is why the heck is the seat so close to the bulkhead?!!! I haven't flown any US carrier in international J as I try to avoid them as far as possible, but if this is indicative of a Delta J cabin, that's ridiculous...

I can assure you that this in not the D1 cabin.
Been there, flown that.

Zorak Mar 6, 2018 3:34 am

Originally Posted by tentseller (Post 29490994)
Been there, flown that.

I can assure you this absolutely was the D1 cabin (I was in 7B), which is part of why this was so noteworthy. It's not like row 1 lacks for foot room on the 763s, so not sure why this pax was engaging in gymnastics.

gooselee Mar 6, 2018 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 29491061)
I can assure you this absolutely was the D1 cabin (I was in 7B), which is part of why this was so noteworthy. It's not like row 1 lacks for foot room on the 763s, so not sure why this pax was engaging in gymnastics.

This looks like they maybe have their ankles up on top of the PTV, and not on the actual bulkhead wall? I'm trying to figure out the geometry of it all given my fuzzy memory of a 763 row 1.

Still ridiculous.

pvn Mar 6, 2018 6:58 am

Originally Posted by tentseller (Post 29490994)
Been there, flown that.

What cabin do you think it is, exactly? The seats are clearly staggered.

Howste Mar 6, 2018 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 29491061)

Why wasn't their CPR dummy stowed for landing? :confused:

Zorak Mar 6, 2018 8:31 am

Originally Posted by sol95 (Post 29490940)

Originally Posted by gooselee (Post 29491334)
This looks like they maybe have their ankles up on top of the PTV, and not on the actual bulkhead wall? I'm trying to figure out the geometry of it all given my fuzzy memory of a 763 row 1.

It amounts to the same thing more or less. Although the bulkhead is close* your foot space extends underneath it.

I took the pic from a low angle so the perspective is weird, which is probably what threw off tentseller.

*but if memory serves I don't believe it's any closer than the TV would be in any other seat in the same cabin.

enoscabell Mar 6, 2018 10:32 am

and now for the photo. this isn't on delta, but it's a skyteam partner, so i'm posting here. on a recent trip from bogota to buenos aires in first class on aerolineas argentinas, my neighbor decided to control her tv screen using her bare toes.

for 8 hours.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...7115f2f5bb.jpg

FlyingUnderTheRadar Mar 6, 2018 3:43 pm

Did she wipe down the screen before using her toes??? My seat mate did that on a TPAC flight. After wiping their face and hands with the hot towel they wiped down the screen. Not a bad idea but then used their toes!! I guess they did not want toe cooties.

Zorak Mar 6, 2018 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by enoscabell (Post 29492367)
and now for the photo. this isn't on delta, but it's a skyteam partner, so i'm posting here. on a recent trip from bogota to buenos aires in first class on aerolineas argentinas, my neighbor decided to control her tv screen using her bare toes.

for 8 hours.

I'm simultaneously disgusted and yet impressed at her dexterity :) (and laziness!)

apodo77 Mar 6, 2018 4:28 pm

On my recent flight (on an A320) LGA-PBI I wanted to use the restroom before taking off and when I went in there was a big swath of dung across the back of the toilet seat. Twas nasty and not sure how the cleaning crew could miss it.
Of course I never saw the guilty party and didn't want to take a picture.

Qwkynuf Mar 6, 2018 9:58 pm

I wonder if it would be possible to rename this thread at this late date, to something more indicative of the actual contents? My suggestion would be "Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by a couple of Delta Air Lines Passengers - and a whole bunch of pictures of people putting their feet on things."

It's a little wordy, but a lot more accurate.

PayItForward Mar 6, 2018 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by apodo77 (Post 29493784)
On my recent flight (on an A320) LGA-PBI I wanted to use the restroom before taking off and when I went in there was a big swath of dung across the back of the toilet seat. Twas nasty and not sure how the cleaning crew could miss it.
Of course I never saw the guilty party and didn't want to take a picture.

Did you still use the restroom?
Anyone entering after you might now think you're the guilty one! :(

Canarsie Mar 6, 2018 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf (Post 29494503)
I wonder if it would be possible to rename this thread at this late date, to something more indicative of the actual contents? My suggestion would be "Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by a couple of Delta Air Lines Passengers - and a whole bunch of pictures of people putting their feet on things."

It's a little wordy, but a lot more accurate.

All that will fit is “Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by a couple of Delta Air Line”

Qwkynuf Mar 6, 2018 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie (Post 29494534)
All that will fit is “Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by a couple of Delta Air Line”

Then that, in itself, is truly a shame.