FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1350303-hall-shame-photographic-evidence-disgusting-acts-delta-air-lines-passengers.html)

Darth Chocolate Jan 2, 2017 8:06 am

Not photographic, but on New Year's Eve I witnessed a mother and father changing their child's diaper in the FC cabin from HNL to LAX. Didn't go to the lav, just did it on the armrests.

ucfjoe Jan 2, 2017 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Darth Chocolate (Post 27692031)
Not photographic, but on New Year's Eve I witnessed a mother and father changing their child's diaper in the FC cabin from HNL to LAX. Didn't go to the lav, just did it on the armrests.

Ironic that I find feet on the bulkhead awful but not this. The bathrooms are disgusting and seats aren't all that clean either. Assuming they cleaned up afterwards I'll give them a pass. I'd draw the line on doing it on the tray table. That said I always trained my toddlers to poop an hour before a flight so never had this problem.

The bigger issue is kids being allowed in F. All kids should be banned, except mine of course.

TheLifeOfA_NKCM Jan 2, 2017 11:45 am

Originally Posted by ucfjoe (Post 27692319)
Ironic that I find feet on the bulkhead awful but not this. The bathrooms are disgusting and seats aren't all that clean either. Assuming they cleaned up afterwards I'll give them a pass. I'd draw the line on doing it on the tray table. That said I always trained my toddlers to poop an hour before a flight so never had this problem.

The bigger issue is kids being allowed in F. All kids should be banned, except mine of course.

Hehe, unfortunately then its out of the question that the flight will suck for the parents. But ya' know... Eh, screw it, let's do what NW did, 8+ and up :D

Then it's only half of the kid's lifespan that one parent is 'non-romantically' shoved in the back.

---

This I'm mixed on, I'm still going to put my arm there, so it disgusts me, also because I don't need to see a poor baby naked in the cabin. I'm actually reverse with the feet on the bulkhead and this.

I mean, on planes like the 739, the bulkheads is absolutely dreadful. There's less legroom there than most seats in Y, and eventually, your legs start feeling the carpel tunnel. Just angle your feet away from the IFE, yes its albeit disgusting no matter how you handle it, but a diaper.. where I'm going to place my arm :eek::confused::confused::confused: just no. :o

Tizzette Jan 2, 2017 2:06 pm

Diaper bags come with changing pads. You can also buy disposable changing pads. You can lay down a towel or baby blanket. The purpose of these is to keep a surface clean as well as protect baby from an unclean surface. You can change a baby on the floor even, if you come prepared. There's no excuse for not using the pull down changing tray in the lavatory, if there is one, or not covering whatever other surface you use. And with a fresh baby wipe, cleaning any surface your dirty hands may have touched before you cleaned yourself up.

exwannabe Jan 2, 2017 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by mspreh (Post 27684271)
... (How do I know it was a non-rev?; They paged all non-rev passengers to come to the gate, and I witnessed the upgrade while waiting for the boarding process to start.)

I admit I am not nearly as frequent flyer as most here. But I never have heard :

"Can all non revenue passengers come to the gate"

But whatever.

TheLifeOfA_NKCM Jan 2, 2017 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by mspreh (Post 27684271)
(How do I know it was a non-rev?; They paged all non-rev passengers to come to the gate, and I witnessed the upgrade while waiting for the boarding process to start.)

This has happened more times than I can count. It's a wonderful experience ..usually.

It's just a shame that we have idiots that make the rest of us non-revs look like peasants or 2nd class citizens when we get upgraded.

pvn Jan 2, 2017 2:32 pm

I can barely fit in a lav myself. I can't imagine trying to change a baby in there.

tvtd Jan 2, 2017 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by pvn (Post 27693853)
I can barely fit in a lav myself. I can't imagine trying to change a baby in there.

This brings up an interesting point. OP didn't mention what the plane was. Lavs on the 739 are small even for me (all 5'7", 155 pounds).

But make no mistake, changing a baby on a seat is inexcusable. PAX were in FC; spread a couple blankets or other changing pads on the floor in front of the seats. If it's a "number 2" do the same at the rear galley (or the front if there is no rear). Either way it'll be over super fast and any disturbance due to odor will be kept to a minimum.

I don't understand the loss of decorum. Mrs. TVTD and I have done two long hauls for each of our children's first birthdays, ATL/IAD-ICN, not to mention other domestic flights for holidays and traveling with me for work. Both kids in diapers. We've had to change our fair share of diapers in plane restrooms.

flyerCO Jan 2, 2017 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by tvtd (Post 27693934)
This brings up an interesting point. OP didn't mention what the plane was. Lavs on the 739 are small even for me (all 5'7", 155 pounds).

But make no mistake, changing a baby on a seat is inexcusable. PAX were in FC; spread a couple blankets or other changing pads on the floor in front of the seats. If it's a "number 2" do the same at the rear galley (or the front if there is no rear). Either way it'll be over super fast and any disturbance due to odor will be kept to a minimum.

I don't understand the loss of decorum. Mrs. TVTD and I have done two long hauls for each of our children's first birthdays, ATL/IAD-ICN, not to mention other domestic flights for holidays and traveling with me for work. Both kids in diapers. We've had to change our fair share of diapers in plane restrooms.

The galley is the last place it should be done. Those are food/drink prep areas.

Every plane I've been on built or refurbished in the last decade has a baby changing platform in the lav. There's no reason not to go there. Is it small yes, but with the platform it's easy to use.

ccyao Jan 2, 2017 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Darth Chocolate (Post 27692031)

i don't find this an issue as long as they cleaned it up.

dinanm3atl Jan 2, 2017 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 27694152)
The galley is the last place it should be done. Those are food/drink prep areas.

Every plane I've been on built or refurbished in the last decade has a baby changing platform in the lav. There's no reason not to go there. Is it small yes, but with the platform it's easy to use.

757 to and from San Antonio out of Atlanta had some OLD 757 aircraft. Neither the front or rear lav had anything. We were in 1A/B with my 20mo old daughter. My wife said she juggled our daughter in the lav to change diaper.

Would never do it in the cabin.

Darth Chocolate Jan 3, 2017 5:23 am

Originally Posted by Tizzette (Post 27693736)
Diaper bags come with changing pads. You can also buy disposable changing pads. You can lay down a towel or baby blanket. The purpose of these is to keep a surface clean as well as protect baby from an unclean surface. You can change a baby on the floor even, if you come prepared. There's no excuse for not using the pull down changing tray in the lavatory, if there is one, or not covering whatever other surface you use. And with a fresh baby wipe, cleaning any surface your dirty hands may have touched before you cleaned yourself up.

So, then you would be OK with me stripping down to my underwear because it keeps the surface clean?

This is an activity for the LAV. End of Story.

qukslvr619 Jan 3, 2017 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Darth Chocolate (Post 27696595)
So, then you would be OK with me stripping down to my underwear because it keeps the surface clean?

As a single dad with 2 kids under 3, not always possible to do it in a LAV. As I found out the other day, there is no changing table in the F LAV on the MD90. While it may seem easy enough to put the toilet seat down, put the diaper pad down, then change a diaper, sometimes you need a flat surface. I'd opt to change the baby on the floor near the seat though before using an armrest or tray table.

Tizzette Jan 3, 2017 10:42 am

LOL. If you would like to strip down to your underwear, I agree: it is an activity for the lavatory.

nikitta28 Jan 3, 2017 10:52 am

you have obviously never changed a squirming baby in a dirty airplane lav with turbulence