Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Finally, EC on All 2-class Domestic Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2012, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC

Hello Mr. Sez_Who,

Go ahead – stretch out.

Beginning June 7th, you can enjoy Economy Comfort™ on all two-class Delta flights.

With up to four additional inches of legroom, Economy Comfort gives you extra space to work or relax. Plus, on our long-haul international flights, you also will enjoy 50% more recline and complimentary beer, wine and spirits in the Economy Comfort section.

As a Diamond or Platinum Medallion® member, you can take advantage of complimentary access to Economy Comfort and other Preferred Seats.

So what are you waiting for? Book Economy Comfort for your next trip. If you've already booked a flight, log in to My Trips at delta.com and select your Economy Comfort seat. You can also choose your seat when checking in online or at an airport kiosk.

Then, get ready to sit back, relax and enjoy the journey.

If you already have reservations booked, you might want to see if you can find better seats. As word gets out, they will probably go fast.
Old May 23, 2012, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I better check my e-mail - not got mine through yet.
Old May 23, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA EP, UA Silver
Received the same message a short while ago. ^
Old May 23, 2012, 3:24 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
IBTM
Old May 23, 2012, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
There she blows

Hello Mr. GRALISTAIR,

Go ahead – stretch out.

Beginning June 7th, you can enjoy Economy Comfort™ on all two-class Delta flights.

With up to four additional inches of legroom, Economy Comfort gives you extra space to work or relax. Plus, on our long-haul international flights, you also will enjoy 50% more recline and complimentary beer, wine and spirits in the Economy Comfort section.

As a Diamond or Platinum Medallion® member, you can take advantage of complimentary access to Economy Comfort and other Preferred Seats.
Old May 23, 2012, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I thought domestic EC was supposed to be free for GM+
Old May 23, 2012, 3:29 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by dcline414
IBTM
Between this one and the two ham sandwich threads, mods will be busy merging everything into the master EC thread. Going to fix a sandwich, pour a cocktail, stretch out my legs & watch it all unfold. @:-)
Old May 23, 2012, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by PRWeezer
Going to fix a sandwich....
Anything but ham... I'm sick of ham sandwiches!
Old May 23, 2012, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by rylan
I thought domestic EC was supposed to be free for GM+
It is. Must have been a typo on one of the email batches. Mine reads:
As a Gold Medallion® member, you can now take advantage of complimentary access to Economy Comfort and other Preferred Seats on flights within the US and to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America.

You'll also continue to enjoy a 50% discount on Economy Comfort for long-haul international flights, which features 50% more recline and complimentary beer, wine and spirits.
Old May 23, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL GM
Darn, the one advantage to being Silver is all gone. Over to Alaska and MVP where I can still get an exit row. For now.
Old May 23, 2012, 3:44 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by 03miedju
Darn, the one advantage to being Silver is all gone. Over to Alaska and MVP where I can still get an exit row. For now.
Have they taken those away from FOs?
Old May 23, 2012, 3:53 pm

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
After receiving the emails from DL, I immediately looked at my existing reservations for flights after June 7 and noticed that I am able to select EC rows that were previously occupied. I would highly recommend that all FOs check their existing seat assignments, as you may have been booted out of previously assigned seats now that EC is officially in place.

Also, any DM/PM/GMs with non-status companions traveling with them on different PNRs should also check their reservations.

Last edited by Dilemma; May 23, 2012 at 3:56 pm Reason: Added additional items
Old May 23, 2012, 3:53 pm

Programs: National ES
FO can snag a domestic EC seat for free at check-in if available.
Old May 23, 2012, 4:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My email came 24 minutes ago.
Old May 23, 2012, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Dilemma
After receiving the emails from DL, I immediately looked at my existing reservations for flights after June 7 and noticed that I am able to select EC rows that were previously occupied. I would highly recommend that all FOs check their existing seat assignments, as you may have been booted out of previously assigned seats now that EC is officially in place.

Also, any DM/PM/GMs with non-status companions traveling with them on different PNRs should also check their reservations.
I make a point of selecting seats far-forward, just in case they become EC. All of my open reservations kept me and passengers in existing seats that all turned EC. Two itins required a little effort:

On one leg of one itin, we were 4 pax on one PNR, seated 2 behind 2. The 2 behind was in a non-EC row, but was able to get two in an EC row near the other 2.

One leg of another (4 leg) itin had the same thing, but we were split on 4 PNRs. Required a call to GM desk and an attempt to collect $40. Persistence paid off and seat was finally changed for free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.