Wiki Posts
Search

Dear Delta,

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2012, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Delta DM
Thumbs down Dear Delta,

I'm 22. I'm Platinum. I have a full time job. I travel internationally. I am legal to drink. I sit in first class. I pay for business class. Oh, and I'm a member of the club.

I'm so tired of getting asked how old I am! And they are rude 95% of the time.

Please! Just serve me a stupid glass of wine. Do they put our DOBs on the manifest? If not, they should start doing that.

Anyone else experience this?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ausstone
I'm 22. I'm Platinum. I have a full time job. I travel internationally. I am legal to drink. I sit in first class. I pay for business class. Oh, and I'm a member of the club.

Please! Just serve me a stupid glass of wine. Do they put our DOBs on the manifest? If not, they should start doing that.

I'm sure most people on this board (including myself) would LOVE to look under-age and getting asked how old we are when ordering a drink. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
You must look really young as I rarely see anyone get carded.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM

Not since before you were born!
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Get over it. I'm 30 + years older than you are and I still get carded in certain restaurants when I order a drink. While over the top, nobody is going to lose a liquor licenses if they can prevent it. If you don't like being carded, don't order a drink

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Mar 29, 2012 at 7:22 pm
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:08 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
I also got carded when wanting to watch a R-rated movie. (NOT X-rated)

The guy who carded me was dumbfound and yelled "OH ...." when he realized I was older than him. He explained that he thought I was a 16 year old.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:10 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold
yeah something your going to need to get used to. I think you'll find the FA's are probably more lax than anywhere else you go.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I remember thinking like you...then I hit 30. Settle out. You'll still get your drink.

P.S. If you travel with your boss I'd strongly recommend against commenting on this to him or her. You risk being labeled unfavorably.

P.P.S. If you are actually PM then you may want to change your profile since it seems you want people to know who you are.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond

Are people really supposed to know for sure that a 22 year old isn't 20? What does does being platinum, traveling international and being a member of a club have to do with anything. I'm in my 30s and I still sometimes get carded. I try not to let it ruin my day.
Get over yourself.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:22 pm
Used to be HSDebateCoach

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat, MR Plat Premier, Hertz Presidents Circle
I want to be a member of this club that exempts you from rules...

(I still get carded and I'm 9 years older than you, a Km, travel intergalacticlly and sit in the cockpit - you'll get used to it)
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Hilton
Buff off your sense of humor and lose the self importance. Maturity is about
being secure enough to tell the difference between the big things and the little things . I was carded until I was 40 and my daughter is still being carded at 43.
She thinks it rocks.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
My mother used to tell me that one day I'd be happy that I look younger than I am. I am.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Three or four years ago, I was asked how old I was as I was in an exit row. Big deal.

Carry on...
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:45 pm

I was getting carded well into my 30s. They were guessing me to be in my late teens, maybe 20. Then the grey hairs started showing up.....
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
You should be worrying about layovers with FAs and trying to hit a local college campus on your trips with your corp AMEX and live like a rock star... one day you are going to be old and pissmiserable and be worried about your frequent flier program and praying to your god that you don't accidentally soil your britches when you sneeze...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.