Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LGA Terminal C/D Question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
Question LGA Terminal C/D Question

Once the project is completed with the new walkway, how will check-in work at LGA? Will it be a la JFK, where certain cities are assigned to certain terminals for check-in, and elites can check in at a designated terminal? Or will the customer be able to choose whatever terminal they want for check-in, and then cross the walkway if their actual gate happens to be in the other terminal?

I fly out of LGA a lot, and I'm very excited to see how all of this plays out in the end!
Old Mar 24, 2012, 1:12 am

Programs: SkyMiles NonRev Medallion
Hey nytraveller53! A passenger can check in at either terminal and clear security regardless of which terminal their flight departs from. Baggage can be checked in as well and will be transferred between terminals if necessary. As of now there is no connector between the terminals (it's still being built) however there will be shuttle bus service post security between the terminals as well as a land side bus that will go between terminals D, C, and A. Hope this helps!!! I'm excited for this Sunday as well even though I know it will be chaotic!
Old Apr 1, 2012, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Has anyone gone through Terminal C yet? Is there a separation between the US wing and the DL wing?

If not, is the US Club available for SkyClub people?
Old Apr 1, 2012, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Has anyone gone through Terminal C yet? Is there a separation between the US wing and the DL wing?

If not, is the US Club available for SkyClub people?
i left via terminal C last monday. good thing i checked on my way to LGA because i would have just had the car take me to D by habit...

anyway, here's what i know:

- at ~5.30AM monday morning, clearing security took about 5 minutes

- the former us airways club across from the food court is now the skyclub. it is currently open but is closing at the end of the week for three months of remodeling. i'm not happy about my flights being moved to C and having no skyclub

- delta has the former us airways shuttle gates (15-24), us airways has the rest. there is no physical separation between the two, just the long corridor connecting the two areas

i know i can clear security in D, use the skyclub if i desire, and then take the bus to C, but man that's a hassle. i guess if my monday flight is going to be leaving from C from now on i will suck it up and buy my own muffin on monday morning
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: DL PM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
I haven't yet departed from C, but I arrived into C last night, and I have to say, I dig the lower level exit from the end of the pier. Take the stairs down and walk through an empty tunnel, away from all the departing passengers (and almost anyone else) straight to baggage claim and/or taxis. Nice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.