Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Help scoring Biz tkt on miles EU-ATL with very flex dates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

I am flying from just about anywhere in Europe to ATL the week of June 17 with a return the week of Sept 9 or 16. I would prefer to be RT in/out of the same city.

I am able to fly from any of these cities:
LHR
CDG
MAN
DUB
GVA
Milan
MUC
FRA
BRU
ATH
IST

I cannot seem to score this golden 100k mile ticket when the calendar shows low miles, even looking at Economy through the seach instead of Business. Any suggestions? Am I better off playing around with the search engine or having a phone agent help?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Forgot to mention that I'd like to go non-stop. If I can't get biz RT, I prefer biz to ATL and econ from. Looking for the lowest mileage, lowest tax option.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by stooksk
Forgot to mention that I'd like to go non-stop. If I can't get biz RT, I prefer biz to ATL and econ from. Looking for the lowest mileage, lowest tax option.
Avoid the UK then....APD is not friendly on any ticket...
Old Mar 18, 2012, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Also...try using this thread to guide your search:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ss-awards.html

I suspect finding low availability in June may be challenging...do not forget about ST partner awards as well...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ce-klm-10.html
Old Mar 18, 2012, 2:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Look for partners, especially using the AF/KLM website. My guess is that BRU is likely to have the best availability of the cities on your list.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Unfortunately, DL systems seem unable to see award space on AF right now, as we've had multiple reports of agents being unable to see it, and inventory that should be visible on DL.dumb simply isn't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.