Wiki Posts
Search

New delta.com fare search format

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2012, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
New delta.com fare search format

I've been trying to purchase a simple domestic ticket this morning on delta.com (without success) and the search output format has changed. There's still too much blank/white space -- I'd rather see my options in a more condensed format, but to each his own. I wonder if this is just a cosmetic change, or if there's an actual functionality change?

I still wish the search by price output gave more options -- the results are usually too limiting and I have to search methodically by schedule and not price.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 5:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH gold
Wow, that is quite a change! I hope that the new format doesn't lead to more people realizing that discount F is somtimes cheaper than the cheapest available Y (i.e. more FCM).

The left side (with the flight data) is too jumbled and the right side is too open, IMHO. Overall it does look pretty snazzy.

It looks like the award calendar wasn't affected, so don't worry: it maintains all of its current functionality... /sarc
Old Mar 13, 2012, 5:22 am

Programs: Delta gm Spg gold hilton gold hyatt platinum hertz presidents avis presidential
It looks much cooler, but I think its more annoying, now I have to click to see details I want to know when before they were right there. Also, if im looking for a y ticket, I don't care about f, unless of course delta wants me buy it because its not much more expensive, which is of course their plan
Old Mar 13, 2012, 5:51 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I got a little excited thinking that you could now buy Y one-way and F the other. Unfortunately that still doesn't seem to be the case.

I think it looks OK but I wish you didn't have to click details to see where your layover was going to be. But at least the sorting drop-down seems to work this time.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 5:57 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
I really don't think there is an easy way to present all the choices. I'll give it a whirl and see how it functions. Hopefully it will list options that previously one could only find on kayak, etc....
Old Mar 13, 2012, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Wow that new format is really quite annoying.

DL continues their efforts to freshen up the lipstick on the pig... but at the heard the booking engine still remains a pig. DL continues to be the only major airline without the ability to do a search of price+schedule.

I see they are really pushing the whole FCM thing with LARGE banners on the purchase page to upgrade or change to flexible/refundable.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 6:25 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
It's just plain awful. You can't even see the connection time or city anymore!

Still no mileage for each segment.

It's just too tedious to have to click through every darn flight option to see what it really is.

What are these folks smoking?

on this enhancement.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 6:33 am

Programs: DL Plat, SPG Gold
I'll give it some time, but on the surface I'm not a big fan so far. It's harder to find details now, don't understand the logic of taking information AWAY from a purchaser....
Old Mar 13, 2012, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh wow good point about not even seeing the connection city or layover time without requiring another click to open the details.

I'm starting to think that Delta and Marriott are using the same outsourced IT web design firm, since both of their website interfaces are now horrendous.

Obvious that DL would rather try to sell you the P fare than actually prominently present USEFUL and NECESSARY info about the flights like connection and layover!
Old Mar 13, 2012, 6:41 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by murphysxm
I'll give it some time, but on the surface I'm not a big fan so far. It's harder to find details now, don't understand the logic of taking information AWAY from a purchaser....
I don't understand the logic either but similar idiocy was applied to the Marriott website a few months ago.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: DL PM, CO PE
Ugh... Just spent (wasted) 15 minutes trying to book my next flight. The new interface is FAR less efficient for me, not because i'm unfamiliar with it - but because it presents less information in a more cumbersome format.

I (almost) always search by city code (not airport) ie. NYC - but now i can't see which flights are are from LGA, EWR or JFK.

The 'lowest' priced search result is no longer highlighted (obviously DL doesn't want customers focusing on that anymore).

Wish I could toggle all the 'details' buttons open at once (instead of one at a time) and then condense the layout - too much scrolling...

alas....
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:16 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by GrizShel
It's just plain awful. You can't even see the connection time or city anymore!

on this enhancement.
This the absolute first thing I noticed! All I can say is - - WOW! Surely, they will have to fix this! It makes no sense to have to click on each "details" button and wait for the whole itinerary to drop down! WOW!

I'm guessing that whoever designed this concept, has NEVER booked a flight in their life!!!
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yup, Delta and Marriott are definitely using the same outsourced web designers... I'd love to find out who it is so I be sure to tell everyone to never use that company. They obviously have no concept of functionality, and even worse is how it speaks of the total lack of understand by Delta on how what information is critical for flights.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by davetravels
This the absolute first thing I noticed! All I can say is - - WOW! Surely, they will have to fix this! It makes no sense to have to click on each "details" button and wait for the whole itinerary to drop down! WOW!

I'm guessing that whoever designed this concept, has NEVER booked a flight in their life!!!
+1, why should I have to hit the tiny "details" button to know the length of my layover

That being said I do like that when you expand the details window it gives a clearer picture of which amenities are on the aircraft currently listed for your flight even though the over/under of that changing between now and when you fly is presently at 6
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:32 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
I'll give it a whirl and see how it functions.
OK, I gave it a whirl, and my preliminary opinion is .

Not listing the connection cities and having to manually calculate the layover times are glaring oversights that I hope will be corrected soon.

The customer experience just keeps getting better ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.