Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Deadheading Crew gets F Meal before F Cabin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Deadheading Crew gets F Meal before F Cabin

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 3MM DM, DL Reserve, HH Diamond, Nat Exec Elite, SPG, PC, etc...
Thumbs down Deadheading Crew gets F Meal before F Cabin

SEA to HNL last Thursday I noticed something appalling. The FA served the row 6 first for the meal service and worked her way forward. The FA got to seat A & B in row 1 and snidely told the guys that there were no meals left. They were both enraged as they paid for the F seats at a couple grand a pop. When I was finished with my meal I headed toward the lavatory to wash my hands and noticed a crew that was deadheading in the bulkhead, two of which eating F meals. I told the guys in front of me to email customer care. Not sure why the crew was even entitled to a meal but it was pretty shady.

Last edited by JesseRohr; Mar 12, 2012 at 11:32 pm
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:53 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Oh boy. This ought to be fun.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

I can tell you the FA wasn't having fun dealing with the situation. A completely avoidable situation.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:02 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I'll get the popcorn and the beer....
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:06 pm

Programs: Non Rev
On even numbered flights we manifest from front to back. On odd numbered flights back to front. Next time I deadhead I;ll make sure I hide under a blanket cause it seems that you guys got nothing better to do onboard.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chazore
On even numbered flights we manifest from front to back. On odd numbered flights back to front. Next time I deadhead I;ll make sure I hide under a blanket cause it seems that you guys got nothing better to do onboard.
My beef wasn't with the order in which the meal was served but rather the two poor souls who were screwed out of their meal. A meal in which they were entitled to.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by JesseRohr
SEA to HNL last Thursday I noticed something appalling. Not sure why the crew was even entitled to a meal but it was pretty shady.
Wow!!!! No comment.....
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:13 pm

My beef wasn't with the order in which the meal was served but rather the two poor souls who were screwed out of their meal. A meal in which they were entitled to.
We manifest (take orders) back to front on even numbered flights, but always deliver front to back, unless a meal needs more time, then move to next one.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've been told by FAs that DL procedure is no longer FEBO but rather front to back on every (at least domestic) flight.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've been told by FAs that DL procedure is no longer FEBO but rather front to back on every (at least domestic) flight.
Negative. Just checked. Still FEBO
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:18 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
+1. Chazore, if you're deadheading and eating an F meal while pax who paid for F are not, you'd BETTER hide under a blanket. The FF's on this forum will ferret you out.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:19 pm

Wow!!!! No comment.....
Wow, the sense of entitlement is just amazing....screw the full fare first passengers, we have gotta have our meal!!!
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:20 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by james318
Oh boy. This ought to be fun.
Here, want some popcorn? It's air popped, and has a just a touch of butter and salt.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by johnslloyd
+1. Chazore, if you're deadheading and eating an F meal while pax who paid for F are not, you'd BETTER hide under a blanket. The FF's on this forum will ferret you out.
We Never skip pax. They were most likely non revs or denied service. Theres always enough meals to cover every seat, but not necesserily your choice.

Case dismissed. Next...
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

We Never skip pax. They were most likely non revs or denied service. Theres always enough meals to cover every seat, but not necesserily your choice.

Case dismissed. Next...
The deadheading crew was in Y. Had they not had been eating meals, the F cabin would have had enough meals.

Thanks for your wonderful display of your ability to deduce things. It's entertaining.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.