Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Plus on AF as a Medallion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2012, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Seat Plus on AF as a Medallion

Has anybody had any success in getting a "Seat Plus" seat as a Medallion prior to the 30 hour online check in time? For a lack of better words, its pretty crappy that FB Elites have access to them at time of booking and we are left to wait till online check in. Tried calling the medallion line, but they were clueless to begin with about "seat plus" seats in general.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
Has anybody had any success in getting a "Seat Plus" seat as a Medallion prior to the 30 hour online check in time?
Seat Plus is a benefit for Flying Blue Gold/Platinum/Club2000. Other passengers must pay the associated fee.

For a lack of better words, its pretty crappy that FB Elites have access to them at time of booking and we are left to wait till online check in.
You could always join Flying Blue, earn 25% mileage on discounted fares, never receive free upgrades, and receive little benefits beyond the requirements of SkyTeam. One cannot expect AF to extend every benefit to Delta's elite members. Nor should Flying Blue members expect to receive the equivalent Medallion benefits.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by akonradi
Seat Plus is a benefit for Flying Blue Gold/Platinum/Club2000. Other passengers must pay the associated fee.
INCORRECT. This is a PUBLISHED benefit for Delta Platnium and Diamond members, as per AF.

In fact, I was just able to go and do a dummy booking on AF's site where they offered it to me for free (the system now recognizes me and my status since I have an AF flight in the system concurrently. Without that, the system can not recognize my status)

One cannot expect AF to extend every benefit to Delta's elite members. Nor should Flying Blue members expect to receive the equivalent Medallion benefits.
Sorry - poor statement there on your part. Yes, one can expect AF to extend these benefits when they are running a JOINT VENTURE with DL, and thus, metal neutrality exists. I dont expect these benefits on Intra-Europe or non DL JV flights - but I do when Delta and AirFrance share the profits, and ESPECIALLY do when they continue to market themselves as one for all trans-atlantic flights.

Furthermore, I can ABSOLUTELY expect them to honor this for DL Medallions especially as AF FB Platnium elites get Economy Comfort for free - which is the SAME as AF's "Seat Plus" (not to be confused with Premium Voyageur)
Old Mar 5, 2012, 2:29 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
As a Silver, I have been able to select seats in the upper deck of the 747 a few weeks in advance, as well as 91L on the A380. Both are considered seat plus.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 1:58 pm

Where is it published? I started another thread, having not seen this one first. Delta claims that AF told them that DL Medallions are not entitled to the seats, and I am looking for anything in writing that provides to the contrary.

INCORRECT. This is a PUBLISHED benefit for Delta Platnium and Diamond members, as per AF.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 5:26 pm

In fact, I was just able to go and do a dummy booking on AF's site where they offered it to me for free (the system now recognizes me and my status since I have an AF flight in the system concurrently. Without that, the system can not recognize my status)

Sorry - poor statement there on your part. Yes, one can expect AF to extend these benefits when they are running a JOINT VENTURE with DL, and thus, metal neutrality exists. I dont expect these benefits on Intra-Europe or non DL JV flights - but I do when Delta and AirFrance share the profits, and ESPECIALLY do when they continue to market themselves as one for all trans-atlantic flights.

Furthermore, I can ABSOLUTELY expect them to honor this for DL Medallions especially as AF FB Platnium elites get Economy Comfort for free - which is the SAME as AF's "Seat Plus" (not to be confused with Premium Voyageur)
Sorry to revive this old thread, but I wanted to provide an update on this in case others like myself search FT for info on this...

I called AF today for an upcoming flight we have. As Delta Platinum, they said we are not entitled to Seat Plus seats and they have a note in the system that actually states Delta Medallion members are not entitled to free Seat Plus seats (only high-tier Flying Blue members are).

So I inquired about what "preferred seats" do we get as Skyteam Elite Plus members and they just have some seats that are "blocked" out on the reservation system, which are seats located toward the front of the plane.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by m3m3m3
Sorry to revive this old thread, but I wanted to provide an update on this in case others like myself search FT for info on this...

I called AF today for an upcoming flight we have. As Delta Platinum, they said we are not entitled to Seat Plus seats and they have a note in the system that actually states Delta Medallion members are not entitled to free Seat Plus seats (only high-tier Flying Blue members are).

So I inquired about what "preferred seats" do we get as Skyteam Elite Plus members and they just have some seats that are "blocked" out on the reservation system, which are seats located toward the front of the plane.
I have an AF flight on an A380 coming up and I am able to book those seats at the front of the plane on DL but on FB they are blocked out. The upper deck seats in the back (Voyageur) are open to both. Seems like the consensus is to avoid the gamble and book the best seats FB says you can.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 5:55 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Originally Posted by m3m3m3

Shoot a tweet to the DL Twitter team. They can perform miracles sometimes. Just tell them "I want seats XX, can you assign them for me on XXX segment?"
Old Aug 23, 2012, 6:01 pm

There's no guarantee that AF will honor those seats from what I can tell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.