Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 1st Onward: upgrade success rate

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2012, 4:15 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
March 1st Onward: upgrade success rate

Now that last year's elites have filtered through, what does your upgrade success rate look like?

Any other general observations?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 4:20 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
It's too early to determine, as some Elites had their upgrades clear during their previous status window.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:41 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by B7e7US
It's too early to determine, as some Elites had their upgrades clear during their previous status window.
So for a flight on 3/3, if a DM cleared at the window but on 3/1 went to GM, he would still get to keep the upgrade on 3/3?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by B7e7US
deleted
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLdweeb
So for a flight on 3/3, if a DM cleared at the window but on 3/1 went to GM, he would still get to keep the upgrade on 3/3?
deleted. wrong thread.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLdweeb
It is a toss up. The reports are usually that the pax loses the UG but I cant believe they can catch them all. The real test is today onward.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:54 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by avidflyer
It is a toss up. The reports are usually that the pax loses the UG but I cant believe they can catch them all. The real test is today onward.
2for2. At the window.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bicostal
2for2. At the window.
Well you are a DM so I would hope you have been getting most of your UG's at the window or something is really wrong. This is much more relevant for FO-PM.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:04 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Well you are a DM so I would hope you have been getting most of your UG's at the window or something is really wrong. This is much more relevant for FO-PM.
I have my share of bfugs given the routes And times I fly. Upgrades at the window run about 50%. Window is nice.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:19 am

Programs: delta plat, hilton gold, marriott silver
2 for 2 at the window
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:26 am

Programs: 3MM DM, DL Reserve, HH Diamond, Nat Exec Elite, SPG, PC, etc...
2 for 2 today. LEX-ATL-PHL at the window.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Currently 20th of 24 as GM on Q fare, ORD-ATL. March 1st seems to have made no difference so far.

On Monday in ATL they didn't clear any upgrades before the gate and they called the 6 DMs that were upgraded one at a time after boarding the paid FC pax.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:46 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Does anyone know if they deliberately held back upgrades because of this fact? Flying GSO-PBI tomorrow morning and neither flight cleared at the window for me. Seat maps on Delta.com (I know, I know...not necessarily indicative of how many seats are actually open) show a ton of availability. I know it's Friday morning and I know PBI is pretty terrible for upgrades (I'm 2/4 this year), but I was kind of hoping they kept V/X inventory zeroed out on some early March flights. Seems to me like that would be an easy way to avoid someone dropping in status from taking an upgrade from someone who isn't. I certainly would welcome the delay if it increased my chances. Just my two cents...
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by Deemus7
Does anyone know if they deliberately held back upgrades because of this fact? Flying GSO-PBI tomorrow morning and neither flight cleared at the window for me. Seat maps on Delta.com (I know, I know...not necessarily indicative of how many seats are actually open) show a ton of availability. I know it's Friday morning and I know PBI is pretty terrible for upgrades (I'm 2/4 this year), but I was kind of hoping they kept V/X inventory zeroed out on some early March flights. Seems to me like that would be an easy way to avoid someone dropping in status from taking an upgrade from someone who isn't. I certainly would welcome the delay if it increased my chances. Just my two cents...
I doubt it. My STL-MSP flight on Friday cleared at the window but the next earlier one never does as V=0 every time I've checked. I think it's due to first class "monetization" that you didn't get your upgrade at the window.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: DL 1MM/DM, SPG Platinum, Pete's Brass Rail & Car Wash Beer Club
I just dropped from Platinum to Silver this morning and am currently 6 of 13 on the JFK-LAX list. Its going to be a tough couple of months knowing that I'll be in the back of the bus barring a freak miracle.

Safe travels today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.