Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:46 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
I love how everyone is saying the FA handled the guy who took two seats right, and you are only guaranteed a seat not a specific one. I can almost guarantee every single person had this been them in the same situation would be either a) be on here complaining about it happening to them b) complaining to their SO, friends, etc. c) both........

While there is nothing illegal, against CoC, etc. it was bad customer service and enabled this guy to do this in the future knowing he will most likely win. Enabling bad behavior on the customer side is not a good thing.....
wrp96 and strickerj like this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:26 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I don't think anyone was suggesting that OP should not complain about it.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond
I lost my DM Status as I took a job that didn't require near as much travel a few years ago. I kept my silver medallion tags on my bag and would board with the DM's that were also seated in first class and I would always chuckle at those who were scoffing at the fact that a Silver would be taking their rightful place in the FC cabin. People are so funny. At the end of the day FC upgrades were a perk and if I HAD to fly FC Id just buy a FC ticket.

This thread is fantastic.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Heh, I have no bag tags. I wonder what they think of me. (I did post earlier in this thread where this one guy thought I was in the wrong line since I didn't appear to fit in, until I said "yep, this is premium." Guy ended up sitting next to me).

I operate on the principle of WFBF on Delta. No status needed.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:03 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, AS MVPG 100K
Delta DM/MM here, and I booked a LAX-SEA Basic Economy ticket to visit family. Anyway, while doing some work over in Y, I overhear an FA thank a Silver Medallion, a Gold Medallion and a guy with a corporate contract "for their business and loyalty with Delta." Of course, when she passes me, she just looks at me and moves on. No huffing and puffing here: I say nothing, but inside my head I burst out laughing, thinking "maybe this is a forum-worthy post....perhaps her little red device showed me as being someone else....." Her oversight also made me realize that the upsell to MC isn't worth it for a two-hour flight - everything else apart from the complimentary seat upgrade (C+ and potentially FC) and the recognition was the same.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Originally Posted by NDflyer13
I lost my DM Status as I took a job that didn't require near as much travel a few years ago. I kept my silver medallion tags on my bag and would board with the DM's that were also seated in first class and I would always chuckle at those who were scoffing at the fact that a Silver would be taking their rightful place in the FC cabin. People are so funny. At the end of the day FC upgrades were a perk and if I HAD to fly FC Id just buy a FC ticket.

This thread is fantastic.
Are folks really that focused on who is sitting in FC, or are posters here just very paranoid and believe everyone is so bored with their daily lives that they care that a silver medallion is sitting in F? I personally don't care who you are as long as you don't blab on a cell phone for the whole cabin to hear you, you don't smell, and that your bare feet never make an appearance on the bulkhead, seat in front of you, or the dang food tray.
Cotumely likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:45 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12

Are folks really that focused on who is sitting in FC, or are posters here just very paranoid and believe everyone is so bored with their daily lives that they care that a silver medallion is sitting in F?
Apparently, you've never heard of the <unofficial> FlyerTalk Delta Deputy Diamond program, where, Delta Diamond Medallions are charged with observing, and reporting every single Delta anomaly and infraction, not limited to <but mostly> irregular / improper processing of complimentary Medallion upgrades!
Old Apr 24, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by davetravels
Apparently, you've never heard of the <unofficial> FlyerTalk Delta Deputy Diamond program, where, Delta Diamond Medallions are charged with observing, and reporting every single Delta anomaly and infraction, not limited to <but mostly> irregular / improper processing of complimentary Medallion upgrades!
Years ago I started a thread for reporting every single Delta anomaly: DELTA == Discuss Every Little Trivial Annoyance : da master thread

I am not sure folks got the joke that the first letter from each word in the thread title spelled Delta.
davetravels likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 4:22 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
It seems that deputy diamonds are more interested in people who board outside of their zone (the REAL criminals) than FOs in F (though that seems like a serious concern as well).
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by davetravels
On one of my trips back to the states one of these years with the whole fam in tow on paid F, I want to say loudly "Can you kids believe they let us sit up here because we asked nice?!"
Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:37 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
On one of my trips back to the states one of these years with the whole fam in tow on paid F, I want to say loudly "Can you kids believe they let us sit up here because we asked nice?!"
I've done this. Back when I was a FO, I was thanked by the GA for being a Silver Medallion, and the passengers standing next to me but being scanned by another GA overheard this. As we walked down the jetbridge, they asked me how I managed to get a seat upfront as a Silver. I told them "I read online that if I wear suit and tie and ask nice they will upgrade me, so I did".
wrp96, levilevi, hi55us and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BeatCal
sorry 30 min check in , 15 min at gate or seat lost. While that is not enforce (except at small airport who close the gate at 30 min (eg Hilton Head), technically the guy lost his seat. He notes that due to earlier planes late arrival he was second to last to get on the plane. At that point the FA could have given his seat away. In fact from his description it is likely as the FA stood by the fat guy in the seat - perhaps she reassigned his seat which is why she did not move hime. And apparently the seat was "free" as he states he was assigned it at the last minute. For all we know, the GA was involved too and told the guy to take the empty seat!

"The recommended arrival time at the airport is 2 hours prior to departure when traveling within the United States. You must be checked in at least 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time. Additionally, you are required to be at the gate and ready to board at least 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time. Customers who fail to complete the check-in time limits by these deadlines will not be able to travel on desired flights and change fees may apply."
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...uirements.html
Also if you all are the mileage kings you claim you are, you should have been given a "booked" first class seat many times due to the above rule. If they have record person delayed from another flight, they usually wont give it away until 5 min, but if not, you can loose your first class seat. I have been bumped up many times and the late person told "too bad".
And it appears that OP was not originally on this flight. So xxxxxxx(profanity). The op lost and the FA, GA Fat guy were all within the rules - esp if the FA moved him to the empty seat which probably happened
At this point, you're just piling nonsense on top of nonsense. No point in continuing.
strickerj likes this.

Last edited by obscure2k; Apr 26, 2018 at 3:46 pm
Old Apr 26, 2018, 1:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Also if you all are the mileage kings you claim you are, you should have been given a "booked" first class seat many times due to the above rule. If they have record person delayed from another flight, they usually wont give it away until 5 min, but if not, you can loose your first class seat. I have been bumped up many times and the late person told "too bad".
And it appears that OP was not originally on this flight. So suck it. The op lost and the FA, GA Fat guy were all within the rules - esp if the FA moved him to the empty seat which probably happened
1. If there is a chance that you will "loose" your seat, you should tighten your grip on it.

2. Many times I have seen an empty seat preferable to the one I was assigned (generally there were actually two adjacent empty seats) and asked an FA if I could switch and was always told "once boarding is finished" I could move if I want. Boarding was not finished in this case.
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL - SM
34 minute wheels up to wheels down on a crj200

"Would you like water?" -FA
"I'd like a jack and coke" -Diamond Man
"The flight is so short I only have time to serve water" - FA
"But I'm in C+" - Diamond Man
"I have to get everyone else water first" -FA
"I'm a diamond medallion too"- Diamond Man

he got his booze
levilevi and hi55us like this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by willem176
34 minute wheels up to wheels down on a crj200

"Would you like water?" -FA
"I'd like a jack and coke" -Diamond Man
"The flight is so short I only have time to serve water" - FA
"But I'm in C+" - Diamond Man
"I have to get everyone else water first" -FA
"I'm a diamond medallion too"- Diamond Man

he got his booze
I hope he wrote in a compliment to DL. Four benefits are advertised C+ features. Early Boarding, Dedicated OHB Space, Extra Leg-Room, and Free Premium Drinks. I’d be willing to bet he’s gotten tired of getting none of the benefits whatsoever as there is no such thing as early boarding, the OHB space on a torture tube is almost always packed with emergency gear, the front row bulkhead has no extra room and most of the time you consider yourself lucky to get the cup of water.

I make it a point to write this to DL every time I’m on one of these flights asking them to get rid of C+ on the CRJ-200. Really the only benefit is getting to be first off the plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.