Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by BeatCal
Gate agent is asleep
asile blocked by uncareing flees
lady in wheelchair blocked

��
Oops! Did you mean the "as*hole" was blocked or the "aisle" was blocked. Never heard of an asile.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by DCBob
Never heard of an asile.
It is a place where you will find many flees.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Dovster
How about fleas? Aren't they the equivalent of gate lice but on an aircraft rather than at the gate or more generally in an airport?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:17 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
OK, time to get back to a DYKWIA, although not dealing with air travel. I had a DYKWIA walk into my store and decided he was going to skip the 5 people waiting in line for service, demanding that I fix his flat tire on his Bentley right away. When I told him he would have to wait to be serviced after the 5 current people and that the time would be determined after I find out what the other 5 people waiting needed, I would then help him and tell him how much longer he would have to wait until his car could be touched. He turned around in a huff and stormed out saying he is going somewhere else. Three of the people applauded and one other yelled back hopefully you will find somewhere else, but you probably will wait longer than here. As a side note, he was pulled over by a cop leaving the store after he cut some other car off and the cop was right behind the car he cut off.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 11:25 pm

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How about fleas? Aren't they the equivalent of gate lice but on an aircraft rather than at the gate or more generally in an airport?
Fleas can be found on planes. Flees can only be observed when FFers are told that the SkyMiles program will be enhanced.
mglvrug and strickerj like this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Dovster
I am "uncareing".
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I think fleas are gate lice who try to jump the line.
NotHamSarnie likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by teddybear99
As a side note, he was pulled over by a cop leaving the store after he cut some other car off and the cop was right behind the car he cut off.
Gotta love Karma
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
OK, time to get back to a DYKWIA, although not dealing with air travel. I had a DYKWIA walk into my store and decided he was going to skip the 5 people waiting in line for service, demanding that I fix his flat tire on his Bentley right away. When I told him he would have to wait to be serviced after the 5 current people and that the time would be determined after I find out what the other 5 people waiting needed, I would then help him and tell him how much longer he would have to wait until his car could be touched. He turned around in a huff and stormed out saying he is going somewhere else. Three of the people applauded and one other yelled back hopefully you will find somewhere else, but you probably will wait longer than here. As a side note, he was pulled over by a cop leaving the store after he cut some other car off and the cop was right behind the car he cut off.
The funny thing is, some people's time really is considerably more valuable (in dollars, that is) than others, as El Douche's Bentley can attest to. The irony is that most of we peons are an generally understanding lot when not treated like dust on your soles. If he'd come running in and pleaded with those in front of him, politely expressing his urgency and requesting their indulgence, they probably would've acquiesced.

We've ALL been in the position of urgently needing something somewhere, only to have Mr. Murphy rear his ugly head at the most inopportune time, and we either could've used some kindness or were actually the beneficiary of the kindness of others who understood and sympathized with our predicament.

I know that's ANTI-DYKWIA, but it's a lesson in how the very same circumstances could've turned out well for El Douche if he hadn't been such a... well... El Douche.

Last edited by TheHorta; Mar 26, 2018 at 9:48 am
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Sounds to me like your store needs to hire some more folks.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by TheHorta
The funny thing is, some people's time really is considerably more valuable (in dollars, that is) than others, as El Douche's Bentley can attest to. The irony is that most of we peons are an generally understanding lot when not treated like dust on your soles. If he'd come running in and pleaded with those in front of him, politely expressing his urgency and requesting their indulgence, they probably would've acquiesced.

We've ALL been in the position of urgently needing something somewhere, only to have Mr. Murphy rear his ugly head at the most inopportune time, and we either could've used some kindness or were actually the beneficiary of the kindness of others who understood and sympathized with our predicament.

I know that's ANTI-DYKWIA, but it's a lesson in how the very same circumstances could've turned out well for El Douche if he hadn't been such a... well... El Douche.
If his time is so valuable, he could have offered everybody in front of him $20 each to let him bypass them. If his time isn't worth paying for to him, it isn't worth anything to me.
TetonSig, AKC6, Dalewood and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by TheHorta

What? He didn't have a driver to do this for him?
TheHorta likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
I had someone who was flashing his high beams at me. My radar detector had been going off, so I let him pass me and returned the favor so that he would be going faster. I waived to him when I passed by him while he was getting his ticket.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Originally Posted by spamkiller
I had someone who was flashing his high beams at me. My radar detector had been going off, so I let him pass me and returned the favor so that he would be going faster. I waived to him when I passed by him while he was getting his ticket.
How does this have anything to do with DYKWIA? Your story makes no sense unless the guy was going 200mph or you have the longest range radar detector on earth since the time it would take for the person to get pulled over and the police officer to get out of his car and write the ticket and give it to him since you waved at the person while he was getting a ticket as you stated.
This forum really should be renamed "DYKWIDH" Do you know what I dreamed happened. I enjoy reading these stories since it reminds me of my frat days listening to all the guy's drunken tall tales.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:01 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by tentseller
What? He didn't have a driver to do this for him?
Shouldn't Mr. Bentley have "people" and not just a driver?
strickerj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.