Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2016, 1:45 pm

I almost wonder if there was a recent policy change. Usually the cards are passed out by the purser at the end of the flight along with an explanation as to what they are but I have never noticed them not being given to all passengers. The airline does pay so maybe delta has a new policy of not giving them to those on passes.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
That's definitely not a new policy. Speaking from experience.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Really?

Singular gate louse at MSY today.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 26, 2016, 4:36 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, QR Silver, DL Silver
Originally Posted by WWads
Really?

Amateur. Not even at the beginning of the queue.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:27 pm

Eh, I don't think that's too much of a DYKWIA. I've seen worse. I think this thread is hilarious and was hoping for some crazy tale... darn it.

If you ever see me lousing around, it's because I'm in the bulkhead and just want to secure my overhead space. I think the worst are the ones that walk right past those who have lined up right before boarding.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by MissJ
I think the worst are the ones that walk right past those who have lined up right before boarding.
If you've lined up before your zone was called, I have no problem walking right past you ;-)

Also, I regularly use the SP lane to pass anyone in line to board if PREM has already been called and I'm late to the gate/to board (though I must admit I do feel a little guilty every time I do it... then again DYKWIA!?!)
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:35 pm

Really?

How dare he wait in line??!! The audacity of some people!!
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by appleguru
If you've lined up before your zone was called, I have no problem walking right past you ;-)

Also, I regularly use the SP lane to pass anyone in line to board if PREM has already been called and I'm late to the gate/to board (though I must admit I do feel a little guilty every time I do it... then again DYKWIA!?!)
I sometimes do this, as well, if I have a bag to stow.

But...isn't the SP lane packed basically until they get to Zone 2? About half the time I check my bag and try to be the last person on board, and the routine I usually see is that they do preboards/children, then rope off the general lane, then board PREM/Sky/1 all through the SP lane. Only after Zone 1 do they remove the rope from the general lane and board Zones 2/3 there.

Kind of pointless if you're PREM and want to board early, but have to stand in line with the 478 people in Zone 1.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:44 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by zitsky
How dare he wait in line??!! The audacity of some people!!
The problem is the guy is probably zone 1.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by dzflyer
The problem is the guy is probably zone 1.
He's in FC, surprisingly enough.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:15 pm

To someone like me without status, this all seems like DYKWIA to me.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL GM, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Ugh... Made the mistake of booking a trip through SLC today (a mistake because I could have gone MSP-XXX in a full sized plane, instead I was on a CRJ). Obviously this flight left out of E gates. So we've gone through the E## door and are all standing in line waiting for them to let us through the door to actually board. (This was the only flight boarding at the time). Woman comes walking down the hall dragging her duffel bag and walks past everyone waiting in line and up to the door then looks around like "why are you people standing there?"
Then she just stood there for like five minutes before one of the wheelchair assist people told her everyone was waiting and the end of the line was back were she came from.
Not really a DYKWIA but I bet she's a gate louse normally.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:14 am

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
My two confessions:

1. I have little patience when getting off the plane; my apologies to fellow passengers under 70.

2. I've walked by the line, even in SP, more times than I can count -most of the time unintentionally.

Flame away.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
My two confessions:

1. I have little patience when getting off the plane; my apologies to fellow passengers under 70.

2. I've walked by the line, even in SP, more times than I can count -most of the time unintentionally.

Flame away.
Oh I regularly cut people who may be in line, but are standing around looking clueless, and/or aren't moving when called. Boarding and TSA PreCheck are prime examples.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Oh I regularly cut people who may be in line, but are standing around looking clueless, and/or aren't moving when called. Boarding and TSA PreCheck are prime examples.
I agree but would argue it is more IKWIAD behavior than DYKWIA - I Know What I Am Doing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.