Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 6:32 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by jrl767
they're baaaaaaack!

boarding 2359 DCA-SLC this morning: immediately after pre-boarding (passengers needing extra time, followed by families w children occupying car seats), the GA was just about to call for FC when a woman with a small dog in a soft-sided underseat carrier walked past the SP line and presented her BP ... I couldn't hear what she said to the GA, but the agent let her go down the jetway
Not sure that she was wrong as getting the dog settled would have held up the line which is why they have preboarding
Old May 24, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by kettle1

I had a good one, but I do not want to get any DL employee in trouble.

You're killing me, Smalls! There's gotta be a way to post the story without incriminating anyone. Don't keep us hanging!
Old May 24, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: 7mm DM, FC, Marriott PM (lifetime), HH Diamond
Boarding ATL to BHM standing in line at priority when a man walks in front of everyone to go right to the front before flight even called. Put 2 bags in overhead in first, one obviously oversized. Gets on the phone in 3B, very loudly and everyone learns he is a traveling evangelist on his way to preach at a church in Pelham.
Old May 24, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: Delta DM/1.3MM, Marriott PP/LTP, Natl EE, Etihad Guest, FT FNG
Originally Posted by oldtirednbusy
Boarding ATL to BHM standing in line at priority when a man walks in front of everyone to go right to the front before flight even called. Put 2 bags in overhead in first, one obviously oversized. Gets on the phone in 3B, very loudly and everyone learns he is a traveling evangelist on his way to preach at a church in Pelham.
Do unto others?
Old May 24, 2015, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by Cher905
You're killing me, Smalls! There's gotta be a way to post the story without incriminating anyone. Don't keep us hanging!
OK I'll try.

I was waiting for a very full flt that was delayed from XXX to XXX on XXX airline. A famous person that used to headline in XXX walked up to the agent and said I am XXX and I want a certain seat that he/she always sits in (in FC). He/she was not assigned to that seat and had one of those cheap Y tickets with no seat assignment. The agent said XXXX back. He/she did like the answer given and said XXXX to the agent. The agent called over a XXX coat and was told the same thing. He/she demanded to speak to a supervisor at XXX airlines. When the supervisor read his/her ticket he/she told him/her the same thing - basically he/she was getting a middle seat in Y, as that is what was purchased.

He/she told all three of them to XXXX off. He/she pulls out a credit card and demands to pay the difference to sit in FC. FC had one open seat (I guess). His/her credit card came back declined (I think). He/she than really goes off and repeated again who they are. The supervisor had enough and said he/she was not traveling on that airline that day and said the airline would issue a refund. He/she said XXXX you. He/she than said fine I'm going over to XXX airline who has a non-stop. The ULCC airline he/she mentioned does have a non-stop, but it is two days a week and it would not be for two more days until the next flt (I know, as I fly the route a lot). I was on the flt in 2B and he/she was not on the flt.

The only reason I saw this was the flt was on a rolling delay and I should have stayed in the lounge. The airline was very professional and this "headliner" was a complete D-Bag. I am surprised this is not on U-Tube as a few people were filming it after he/she said XXXX off the first time.

Last edited by kettle1; May 24, 2015 at 6:30 pm
Old May 24, 2015, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL PM
That was hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.
Old May 24, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Thanks, kettle! But now I can't stop making a mental rundown of all former headliners in Vegas.
Old May 24, 2015, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by Cher905
Thanks, kettle! But now I can't stop making a mental rundown of all former headliners in Vegas.
Who said it was in LAS?

I really do not want to expose this "star" and I do not want anyone at the airline to get in trouble.

Since your FT handle starts with Cher, I will throw out another story. I was called for an urgent meeting in 1999 or 2000 and I needed a seat on DL LAX-DFW on a L-1011. The flt was empty until I showed up at the ticket counter. I tried to get a FC seat and was told FC was sold out. I called my Travel Agent and was told the same thing. I flew in Y on DL, but I should have gone to Terminal 4 and taken AA in F. Cher and her band booked the entire FC cabin at the last minute. I talked with two of her security people that were seated in Y. Very nice people. Memories. Wow, I am getting old.
Old May 24, 2015, 10:04 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by kettle1
I really do not want to expose this "star" and I do not want anyone at the airline to get in trouble.
It's not like this "star" will ever find out about it... and it's not like they'll do anything different if they don't know how obnoxious their behavior is.
Old May 25, 2015, 6:31 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
I have heard that their is a person who has the most miles in Delta who flys internationally that does have a "booked" seat for which they will move someone if they are in it and they have special pillows and blanket for him at several airports
Old May 25, 2015, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I honestly think DB stars like this should be exposed. It does not sound like Shena, so the DL employees seem to have done their job well...
Old May 25, 2015, 8:23 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Big stars in Vegas fly private, some are chartered and some own their own plane. This could be someone who 'used to be somebody' and is now delegated to the D-list.

Stupid is flying from LA to Vegas on a private jet, then driving to Primm (stateline). It took longer than just driving to Primm from LA.
Old May 25, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by puddinhead
Big stars in Vegas fly private, some are chartered and some own their own plane. This could be someone who 'used to be somebody' and is now delegated to the D-list.

Stupid is flying from LA to Vegas on a private jet, then driving to Primm (stateline). It took longer than just driving to Primm from LA.
John Legend was sitting behind me in F on my flight from Vegas to LA a little more than a week ago. Not all big stars fly private into and out of Vegas.
Old May 25, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by mattya9
John Legend was sitting behind me in F on my flight from Vegas to LA a little more than a week ago. Not all big stars fly private into and out of Vegas.
Isn't it faster to drive than waiting 4-5 hours waiting at the airport?
Old May 25, 2015, 11:36 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BeatCal
I have heard that their is a person who has the most miles in Delta who flys internationally that does have a "booked" seat for which they will move someone if they are in it and they have special pillows and blanket for him at several airports
I think that was actually an infamous VIP flyer at United.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.