Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 7:58 am

As I was reading this article today in the NYT, kept hoping they'd throw a h/t to this thread:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/14/bu...nd-tumble.html
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by levilevi
As I was reading this article today in the NYT, kept hoping they'd throw a h/t to this thread:
Oh my gosh, I’m sitting next to a big baby.
Yup.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:18 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by CMK10
Do we all get Lifetime Silver Medallion now?
No, you get "complimentary annual" silver poster, which FT reserves the right to revoke at any time.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:19 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Complimentary Annual Silver Medallion...
Darn you beat me to it.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: DL PM/KM, AC *G, AS MVP-100K
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Complimentary Annual Silver Medallion...
Complimentary Annual "We Don't Really Care Who You Are"
Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: DL DM 0.4MM
Wow, the negative nellies are coming out in force today....
Old Apr 14, 2015, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by levilevi
Nah, every couple of days, somebody starts a new thread in Travel Buzz solely related to seat switching. It's usually right after the "kids in F" thread and right before "I didn't get my PDB!"

Mike
Old Apr 14, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ctsgoblue
First time poster here. Delta PM originating from DTW.

I was on a flight to LAX last month and booked at the last minute. It was a pretty full flight so I only had a middle seat in the second to last row, but I was able to snag an exit aisle when FC start clearing.

I board and lo-and-behold, I find a guy in my seat who's probably about 6'3" and 220. I politely ask him to move and he slides over to the middle seat after grumbling a bit (yeah, dude, a full flight asking for volunteers and you think the exit aisle was going to magically be open?). As everyone else is boarding, he comments that I'm a "small guy" (I'm a fit 5'9" 150lbs) and that he's "a bit more of a man" and that he needs more space...he didn't ask a question, just made a statement. Then about 5 minutes later, he says "I don't know WHY you won't switch with me. It's pretty selfish to be a small guy and take the aisle seat." Keep in mind that I'm not really responding with anything other than "hey, this is my seat. If you wanted a better seat, you should have bought a first class ticket." (Great response from him: "I don't buy FC. They GIVE people like me FC." Well, apparently not this time, sir.) He then takes his phone out as we're taxiing, tells his wife that he's taking off but he "got seated next to a really selfish prick."

I have work to do and try to ignore him to the best of my abilities but he keeps grumbling all through takeoff. I'm on my laptop getting a few things done and 30 minutes into the flight he decides he can't sit in the seat any longer, so he gets up to stretch. Then we hit turbulence, so back down he goes. Then 10 minutes later, back up. Then 10 minutes later, back down. This goes on almost the entire flight. I estimate I had to get up and let him out/in no less than 12 times (I started complaining after a few and the FAs took notice and started warning him, but he didn't really care).

After a couple days in LAX, I board my plane for the return trip and was again in an exit aisle seat. And who was there to greet me in the middle seat for my return trip? Same guy (seriously)!
Wow, that's annoying. I actually find that most people express pleasure at having to sit next to me in coach (5'11", 165#) rather than complaining. That guy is a real DB.
Old May 20, 2015, 3:24 am

Where have all the DYKWIA's gone

I am amazed that no one has posted about a DYKWIA rant for over a month.

Have they all stopped flying, or moved to another airline?
Old May 22, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by twincheeks
I am amazed that no one has posted about a DYKWIA rant for over a month.

Have they all stopped flying, or moved to another airline?
They've stopped flying. The End. Good Day Sir. lol
Old May 22, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz 5*, SPG
I too have missed the DYKWIA stories!
Old May 22, 2015, 11:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
delete

Last edited by kettle1; May 23, 2015 at 2:30 am
Old May 23, 2015, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by hi55us
They've stopped flying. The End. Good Day Sir. lol
they're baaaaaaack!

boarding 2359 DCA-SLC this morning: immediately after pre-boarding (passengers needing extra time, followed by families w children occupying car seats), the GA was just about to call for FC when a woman with a small dog in a soft-sided underseat carrier walked past the SP line and presented her BP ... I couldn't hear what she said to the GA, but the agent let her go down the jetway

three or four of us at the front of the SP line just shook our heads in disbelief

there WAS a green "In-Canin Pet" tag on the dog carrier, so I am presuming the passenger wasn't playing the "get-my-emotional-support-animal-on-for-free" game
Old May 23, 2015, 5:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by kettle1
delete
No! I won't delete! How dare you ask me to? Don't you know who I am?
Old May 23, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by Dovster
No! I won't delete! How dare you ask me to? Don't you know who I am?

I had a good one, but I do not want to get any DL employee in trouble.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.