Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL exDM MM
Originally Posted by BeatCal
In first window
A guy who is as wide as I am tall plops down in the aisle seat after raising the middle bar with half his a.. in my seat
He then attemps to put his "too large" bag under my feet

I tell him to lower the arm rest and move his bag

He refuses (can't fit in seat otherwise)

I call flight attendant and she instructs him to do the above. He refuses saying he is a diamond and 8 million miler. Flight is full. Finally, I get pissed and tell them that per rules he needs to buy 2 seats. He again states who he is. Finally Capitan comes back and kicks him off to applause of cabin with him threatening he will call Richard Anderson and get all fired
Any advice for those times when the FA and Captain don't react in this way?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:40 am

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by captiveguru
Any advice for those times when the FA and Captain don't react in this way?
Ask for a red coat and the GA … then be prepared to push very hard.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 3:11 pm

Nothing too major, but definitely caught my eye as a former frequent traveler. A new consultant showed up in my office today and is sitting in her cube with her roll aboard and laptop bag with her Delta Diamond tags prominently displayed and perfectly placed for all of us to see when we walk by... I will have to check to see if she displays a FC boarding pass on her desk before she leaves Thursday afternoon.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 5:30 pm

Programs: AMEX DL
Nothing too major, but definitely caught my eye as a former frequent traveler. A new consultant showed up in my office today and is sitting in her cube with her roll aboard and laptop bag with her Delta Diamond tags prominently displayed and perfectly placed for all of us to see when we walk by... I will have to check to see if she displays a FC boarding pass on her desk before she leaves Thursday afternoon.
So this piqued my curiosity wondering "can these be bought by anyone?" Now never having seen one myself I have no idea if these are authentic, anyone ?

http://is.gd/IkL7bI

Kinda makes ya go hmm....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old Apr 6, 2015, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Ca77andra
So this piqued my curiosity wondering "can these be bought by anyone?" Now never having seen one myself I have no idea if these are authentic, anyone ?

http://is.gd/IkL7bI

Kinda makes ya go hmm....
OMG - makes me go Bloody hell
Old Apr 6, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, 2+MM, AA Gold 1+MM, HH Diamond, MHG Silver,
Price is dropping - the Diamond tags were going for close to $100 back in early February when the 2015 tags first came out.

Continued devaluation of the Skymiles program - even the tags are affected!
Old Apr 6, 2015, 7:09 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, QR Silver, DL Silver
A few days ago, there was a guy in a James May like shirt at ORD. I was waiting for my food at Tortas Frontera, and his buzzer went off. He started waiving it and pushed to the front of everyone who's buzzer already went off. He also happened to be on my flight and pushed his way to the front of those boarding with FC.

Not too bad of a DYKWIA, but him waiving his buzzer was priceless!
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by United747
A few days ago, there was a guy in a James May like shirt at ORD.

Not too bad of a DYKWIA, but him waiving his buzzer was priceless!
Had to Google James May - now I totally get it ^
Old Apr 7, 2015, 3:08 pm

First time poster here. Delta PM originating from DTW.

I was on a flight to LAX last month and booked at the last minute. It was a pretty full flight so I only had a middle seat in the second to last row, but I was able to snag an exit aisle when FC start clearing.

I board and lo-and-behold, I find a guy in my seat who's probably about 6'3" and 220. I politely ask him to move and he slides over to the middle seat after grumbling a bit (yeah, dude, a full flight asking for volunteers and you think the exit aisle was going to magically be open?). As everyone else is boarding, he comments that I'm a "small guy" (I'm a fit 5'9" 150lbs) and that he's "a bit more of a man" and that he needs more space...he didn't ask a question, just made a statement. Then about 5 minutes later, he says "I don't know WHY you won't switch with me. It's pretty selfish to be a small guy and take the aisle seat." Keep in mind that I'm not really responding with anything other than "hey, this is my seat. If you wanted a better seat, you should have bought a first class ticket." (Great response from him: "I don't buy FC. They GIVE people like me FC." Well, apparently not this time, sir.) He then takes his phone out as we're taxiing, tells his wife that he's taking off but he "got seated next to a really selfish prick."

I have work to do and try to ignore him to the best of my abilities but he keeps grumbling all through takeoff. I'm on my laptop getting a few things done and 30 minutes into the flight he decides he can't sit in the seat any longer, so he gets up to stretch. Then we hit turbulence, so back down he goes. Then 10 minutes later, back up. Then 10 minutes later, back down. This goes on almost the entire flight. I estimate I had to get up and let him out/in no less than 12 times (I started complaining after a few and the FAs took notice and started warning him, but he didn't really care).

After a couple days in LAX, I board my plane for the return trip and was again in an exit aisle seat. And who was there to greet me in the middle seat for my return trip? Same guy (seriously)!
Old Apr 7, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
Originally Posted by ctsgoblue
After a couple days in LAX, I board my plane for the return trip and was again in an exit aisle seat. And who was there to greet me in the middle seat for my return trip? Same guy (seriously)!
Did you say to him "aren't you supposed to be in F?"
Old Apr 7, 2015, 3:16 pm
HMO

This guy is a piece, but one of the aisle downsides is to get up to allow the other pax go out. Perhaps if there weren't turbulence the guy would stay out for more time (I noticed you didn't complain about this behavior at the return flight, but I may be wrong) ^
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Welcome to FT ^
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Ben and Jerry
Did you say to him "aren't you supposed to be in F?"
Don't you mean "Aren't you supposed to be in jail or at least on a 'no fly on DL' list?" The guy was warned by FAs on the outbound.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member

I board and lo-and-behold, I find a guy in my seat who's probably about 6'3" and 220. I politely ask him to move and he slides over to the middle seat after grumbling a bit (yeah, dude, a full flight asking for volunteers and you think the exit aisle was going to magically be open?). As everyone else is boarding, he comments that I'm a "small guy" (I'm a fit 5'9" 150lbs) and that he's "a bit more of a man" and that he needs more space...he didn't ask a question, just made a statement.
You're lucky it wasn't me in the middle seat. I wouldn't have been a prick or a DYKWIA but I'm 5'9" and 225. You would have been far more uncomfortable.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:43 pm

I was on a flight to LAX last month and booked at the last minute. It was a pretty full flight so I only had a middle seat in the second to last row, but I was able to snag an exit aisle when FC start clearing.

(Great response from him: "I don't buy FC. They GIVE people like me FC." Well, apparently not this time, sir.) He then takes his phone out as we're taxiing, tells his wife that he's taking off but he "got seated next to a really selfish prick."

Welcome - sorry you dealt with this, but thanks for the excellent first post. The DYKWIA comment is so brazen, I love it (and hate at the same time)!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.