Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL announment coming up this monday

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by TTT
Could it have something to do with this?
(Bolding mine)
http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ates/index.jsp
Yup, they're taking the website down for a couple hours to load a clear, transparent, reliable and functioning award tool.

OK, I apologize to anyone who just collapsed in agony laughing or who destroyed their keyboard. My bad.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by UncleDude
As long as its not a Merger with AA I am OK
Merger with US would be far worse.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JPL226
I'm guessing an AA merger
Has there yet been an announcement by AA that they will make an announcement on Monday? (Sorry that this sounds reminiscent of the DL ATL DO with all the announcements of announcements of announcements of announcements....)
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Yup, they're taking the website down for a couple hours to load a clear, transparent, reliable and functioning award tool.

OK, I apologize to anyone who just collapsed in agony laughing or who destroyed their keyboard. My bad.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by TTT

(Bolding mine)

Wouldn't this be the purge of 2011 Medalliion's and the updating of 2012 status.

I have no idea of what the announcement is, but agree that it can't be good.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Rarely are announcements from DL a good thing.
Oh so true.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Oil prices are high, and may be going higher short term. They could:

- order 125 737MAXs to replace the MD-88s

- order 75 787s, to replace the 767-300s, ER and not

- order 15 777-300ERs to replace the 744s

- roll out big early retirement packages and drop 100 routes
I think DL will order 125 737-8/9MAX. I think it's logical choice by replaced MD88 aircraft.

I guess DL will order 16 747-8I or A380-800. Nobody who know for sure.

I think DL Will order 75 787-9 by replacement the 767-300/ER. DL will kept 764 aircraft. I think DL will order more A330-200/300.

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
Wouldn't this be the purge of 2011 Medalliion's and the updating of 2012 status.

I have no idea of what the announcement is, but agree that it can't be good.
How about DL can bring it back a free 2 checked bags for general member. They won't pay anymore expensive checked bags. This should be free. Those people who had it right to get 2 free checked bags.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
I think DL will order 125 737-8/9MAX. I think it's logical choice by replaced MD88 aircraft.

I guess DL will order 16 747-8I or A380-800. Nobody who know for sure.

I think DL Will order 75 787-9 by replacement the 767-300/ER. DL will kept 764 aircraft. I think DL will order more A330-200/300.

How about DL can bring it back a free 2 checked bags for general member. They won't pay anymore expensive checked bags. This should be free. Those people who had it right to get 2 free checked bags.
wont be 737MAX. Anderson doesn't do paper airplanes. (or the C-series or the A320NEO)
wont be 747/380, Can't make money with them. 777 is the biggest for the future Delta.
Likely wont be 787 order(or 777), but a order in late 2012 early 2013 wouldn't shock me.
and wouldn't cont on more 330s, Delta has so many now that they have to park them in the winter because they have to many.. A333 is a hard, hard thing to make money with on TATL runs in the off-season.

If i was a betting man, I'd bet its the long rumored employee early out(with health care) to get some of the old folks to leave. (FWIW this doesn't mean Delta will be getting smaller, they are hiring in most frontline departments, but they want to get the top end a bit more junior.)
Old Feb 25, 2012, 5:20 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I think they will be announcing the new Silver Medallion Choice Benefits: Your choice of:
- Exit Row seating
- Group 2 Boarding
- 1 Free Bag

Once a benefit is selected, it must remain for the entire year.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 5:24 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
We will be performing routine maintenance on our SkyMiles systems beginning Sunday, February 26 at 3:30am EST. During this time, you may have difficulty accessing your account information, or booking or changing a flight.

How is this different from any other day?

Anyway, thanks for the heads up regarding an announcement. Now I can get ready to grab my ankles...
Old Feb 25, 2012, 6:03 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by TTT

(Bolding mine)

BINGO !

Anyone who knows anything about IT systems know that these "updates" always take longer than expected, so Monday could be a very "interesting" day for anyone trying to travel or book flights.

Bob H
Old Feb 25, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: AA, WN & many Hotels... avoids UA like the plague!
If you are looking to announce something without fanfare or coverage (e.g. hide it, downplay it, or even late breaking) you typically would do that on a Friday after market closes (e.g. less news coverage).

E.g. Downgrades to service or SM or similar things FT'ers might not like.

If you are looking to make noise, get coverage, something good or that you think is good and news worthy, you typically would go early in week.

E.g. Website enhancements tied to something more than basic infrastructure or software maintence (such as in support of new features, services, or something tied to what Delta is or will be doing, enhancements etc), or perhaps some announcement tied to new service or enhancement tied to the website improvements or announcing an AC order or firming up an order or something.

Otoh, and this is just a generalization, really big news that is known or planned in advance tends to roll out on Tuesday and sometimes Wed morning.

Ok, now time to resume the regularly scheduled speculation

-H
Old Feb 25, 2012, 7:25 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Hertz #1 Gold
Guess again. (This could happen, or part of AA may become DL but that's a loooonnnnggggg way down the road.)
Old Feb 25, 2012, 7:25 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by hooverer
If you are looking to announce something without fanfare or coverage (e.g. hide it, downplay it, or even late breaking) you typically would do that on a Friday after market closes (e.g. less news coverage).

E.g. Downgrades to service or SM or similar things FT'ers might not like.

If you are looking to make noise, get coverage, something good or that you think is good and news worthy, you typically would go early in week.

E.g. Website enhancements tied to something more than basic infrastructure or software maintence (such as in support of new features, services, or something tied to what Delta is or will be doing, enhancements etc), or perhaps some announcement tied to new service or enhancement tied to the website improvements or announcing an AC order or firming up an order or something.

Otoh, and this is just a generalization, really big news that is known or planned in advance tends to roll out on Tuesday and sometimes Wed morning.

Ok, now time to resume the regularly scheduled speculation

-H
True, but remember that what Delta deems as good is not always deemed as good by the SM Population...
Old Feb 25, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
More likely it would be AS before AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.