Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by flyerslc
-
You must like getting frisked and groped.
-
- - - Where did that come from? - - - -
-
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by missamo80
Parent will be sent to the regular line. If you are over 12, you personally must have the three beeps/PreCheck on your boarding card to use the PreCheck line.
OK. This being mid afternoon @ RDU, I expect the sky priority TSA line will be about the same speed as the precheck one, though I will have to take my shoes off and my kids will just stick their tongues at me.

Fine.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
- - - Where did that come from? - - - -
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossin Jordan
85% is an amazing percentage. I can't imagine 85% of the flying public cleared for pre-check. As a FF that's frisked and groped weekly, that just seems so far out of the realms of reality.

Quote:
I wonder why this is. Even before I had PreCheck, I hardly ever got frisked, occasionally had my bag swabbed but that was it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossin Jordan
What's to wonder? By opting out of full body scan, that's what you get.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
But, you have to admit, there is some value in Global Entry. I mean, once or twice in 5 years when you save yourself a huge immigration line; it's gotta be worth something. [I find GE as valuable or more valuable than Pre-Check]

I also like not having to fill out the immigration form on the plane.

I can't imagine anyone who has even just 3-4 international arrivals (per year) not wanting Global Entry.

Also, getting the American Express Platinum Card, if even for one year; sort of pays for itself with the GE benefit and a few of the other perks. (especially, if you grab one during a Membership Rewards sign-up bonus) (of course, renewing is YMMV).
I don't disagree. Hey, I got GE. I just don't want everyone else getting it too.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
It works just fine.
I used it at SEA last night and LGA this morning.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I don't disagree. Hey, I got GE. I just don't want everyone else getting it too.
+1, though at least the Canadian security queues haven't been 'enhanced' to the extent that their US counterparts have.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
You must like getting frisked and groped.
I like it more than being irradiated.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Final verdict: I used the sky priority TSA line, was the only one in it, zoomed through. The kids went through the Precheck line, they were #5 and #6, and because of someone ahead of them not getting with the program they took longer to get to the gate.

First World Problems, for sure.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Customer service said "TSA PRE" disappears from the boarding pass after the first time you check in. So if you need to reprint, though luck.

Be that as it may, I had TSA PRE on the BP printed at home, then disappearing on the BP printed at the airport (human checkin), and appearing again at the kiosk.

I suspect yet another experience enhancing software feature.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by thesaints

Customer service said "TSA PRE" disappears from the boarding pass after the first time you check in. So if you need to reprint, though luck.

Be that as it may, I had TSA PRE on the BP printed at home, then disappearing on the BP printed at the airport (human checkin), and appearing again at the kiosk.

If you check in using a mobile device, the boarding pass shows the TSA Pre check. It does not matter how many times you view the boarding pass or how many times you have to show it to access the priority lines and agents, the boarding pass retains the TSA Pre check symbol.
-
Old Nov 8, 2013, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Unfortunately the domestic segment on intl itinerary can't use mobile BP
Old Nov 8, 2013, 5:20 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by puddinhead
GE has 2 add-on options - NEXUS and SENTRI. All of the cards have a PASSID - which is the number required for Pre-Check on the Secure Passenger Info. (Canadians are NEXUS only.)

NEXUS requires a trip to a Canadian border airport which has US Customs so you can be interviewed by both countries. SENTRI requires a trip to a southern border so your car can get an inspection and a RFID sticker. The US CBP interview is required for all three but the GE has many US airports for the interview.

We got the NEXUS card - $50 each and AMEX reimbursed us $100 each, but the airfare to YVR plus 2 nights at the YVR Fairmont along with F & B and spa time pushed the cost to almost $2,000.
NEXUS requires an airport visit for those enrolling in and near to Upstate NY?
Old Nov 8, 2013, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT

It's a known issue that at many airports, BPs printed by check-in agents do not show PC, but those printed at the kiosk do.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:57 pm

Unfortunately the domestic segment on intl itinerary can't use mobile BP
I travel internationally almost every month. It was not until the last several months that the TSA Pre check could be used if international travel is part of an itinerary.

When I check in on line, I check the box where I receive boarding passes via a printer and also on a mobile phone.

I did that again just this week and the TSA Pre check showed on the mobile boarding pass even after we landed back in the U.S.

I have used the mobile check in both on UA and AA. I do not know about other air carriers.
-
Old Nov 9, 2013, 7:12 am

Priority line/CVG - Buh-Bye

Word on the street is that the "Priority" line in CVG will be removed starting
Tues, Nov 12. General Boarding or Pre-Check....which will it be?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.