Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2013, 2:46 pm

there was no one in precheck at LGA at 5.30am this morning, including ME. after one year straight of getting precheck i have now missed it two weeks in a row. nothing about ME has changed. what the heck is going on here?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by tkey75
At LAS two days ago, there was a TSA person with an iPad hitting the randomizer button. About every fourth to fifth person was being re-directed to the Pre√ lane.

It appeared to be crawling and I went through the non Pre√ lane, getting through quite quickly.
I was at LAS last week - it was disaster zone.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL - Diamond, SPG - Platinum, AVIS - First
ATL was mayhem this morning,

I have never seen a pre-check line even a 10th of what it was this morning.

It was snaking up and down the terminal.

People had no idea what was going on, non pre-checks standing in that cue, elites going into the regular lines as fastest, sky-priority lines medium length with who knows in them. Kaos!!!
Old Oct 21, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Gold, Nat'l Exec, Amex Plat
Meanwhile, I haven't received PreCheck clearance at any PC capable airport in the last several months... After two years of 80-90% success.

Well, Halloween is coming up... Guess I should be ready to receive my yearly rock.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IPAfan5
At MCI and SMF this morning the pre-check line was over a 10 person wait, priority lane was no wait.
A couple weekends ago at DTW there were about 12 people in the Pre-Check line and only 4 or so in the adjacent Sky Priority line. However, if you get the triple beep in the Sky Priority line, they just send you directly through Pre-Check. So basically, you just choose whichever line is shorter. Do other airports have a similar setup?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA MPG, Marriott Plt
I flew UA out of LGA terminal B where they don't have pre-check. But instead they give you expedited security. You still go through the general line, need to remove laptop and toiletries. The only benefit is they give you a laminated card to go through the metal detector with shoes, belt, and jacket on...the bootleg pre-check. LGA proves once again to be a terribly antiquated airport. But I digress.

BOS has been hit or miss lately with pre-check vs. priority lane length. But at least I can jump in priority lane and still access pre-check, if I qualify.

PHL terminal D is a terrible set-up because if you don't qualify for pre-check, you have to re-enter the priority line instead of bypassing through TSA
Old Oct 21, 2013, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
A couple weekends ago at DTW there were about 12 people in the Pre-Check line and only 4 or so in the adjacent Sky Priority line. However, if you get the triple beep in the Sky Priority line, they just send you directly through Pre-Check. So basically, you just choose whichever line is shorter. Do other airports have a similar setup?
Pretty sure this is how CMH was set up today. Everyone was directed to the the Precheck lane with a separate SP lane. The TDC paused when he was scanning my BP like he was waiting to see where to tell me where to go. I don't have precheck (did my interview this afternoon )so I didn't pay much attention though.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL Dia, KM, 2MM, Hilton Dia, Natl Emer Exec. Avis Pres.
CVG - had 2 lanes open to pre check a few hours ago and last week - there was a TSA person at the entrances directing some people to pre check lanes.
When I got in - there were like 3-4 people taking stuff out of their bags, belts off, etc...I went around them and tossed my stuff on the conveyor and no problems.
I'm guessing a larger tsa directed perspective to push thru kettles as test - or training of the masses.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
How does someone like this end up in PreCheck?
This should probably be reported to TSA.......
Old Oct 21, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL exDM MM
Does this have any impact on the "integration" of PreCheck and CLEAR?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 3:49 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by tubesoxs
If they're going to open it up to everyone they need to have clearly visible signage throughout the line. Shouting TSA agents don't count as everyone seems to tune them out.
Do you really think if they won't listen to verbal cues they will be more willing to read signage? Honestly, I don't.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 3:57 pm

This morning at LGA Terminal C, the Pre-Check line was at least 20 people long. The elite lane right next to it, which led to the same ID checker, was only 4 people long. I took the Elite lane and then got sent to the Pre-Check magnetometer once past ID check, effectively by passing the long Pre-Check line.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG PLAT, MARR GOLD
Originally Posted by dw
I think the TSA has been running some sort of "test" recently where they've been funneling everyone into the Pre-Check line. Saw this at SEA last week.
Happened to me at TYS last week. There is no Sky Priority Lane, just one long line funneling into the regular security check. I knew the PreCheck lane opened that morning for the 1st time. When I got to the PreCheck station, the TSA was funneling some people at random into PreCheck. Then I showed my PreCheck BP and they we surprised that someone was actually PreCheck. When I got to the scanner, the people who were in that line were taking off shoes, removing laptops, taking the ziplock bag out, etc. I politely told 2-3 of them that they didn't have to do any of that. I was looked at like I had two heads.

I still got through quicker than normally, but I hope they let only those of us who went through the application process use thePreCheck lane.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 4:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
Originally Posted by BER Flyer
Absolutely agree. As somebody who does not live in the US but frequently flies there i think that PreCheck is a small step back to reality. As 99,99% of all airline passengers are not a risk to airline safety these 99% should get the PreCheck treament - always. I know that many US american's think that these SS manned checkpoints are the norm but no, in other parts of the world we are still wondering why a family of four flying to Florida should take their shoes off...
My fear is that the program could backfire one day. Let's say TSA gets its goal of 85%. This will create a disadvantaged minority that will continue to get the grope treatment. With less lines with the "traditional" screening, these people who don't have PreCheck will have to wait more.

So these 15%, which are noncitizens, visitors to the USA, and people without a perfectly clean record will wait more at security, get extra screening. And they will have little public sympathy because 85% doesn't have to deal with it because most people only have empathy when they are actually in the shoes.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG PLAT, MARR GOLD
Originally Posted by Gindernation
PHL terminal D is a terrible set-up because if you don't qualify for pre-check, you have to re-enter the priority line instead of bypassing through TSA
If you have the TSA PreCheck symbol on your DL App boarding pass, will you always get the 3 beeps? Or will it beep once sometimes, even though it says "TSA PreCheck?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.