Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Empty seats in 1st... how do you handle it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Empty seats in 1st... how do you handle it?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
Just cause it worked the one time for you, doesn't mean it 'works'. Last thing a FA needs is a malfunctioning seat and the inevitable cry baby tactics by the medallion who took it.

What I don't understand, is why would you go and test the seat to see if it worked or not? Are you an airplane mechanic or something?
Sorry, I didn't mention, but the FA told the person taking the seat some of the functions might not work. The pax was more than happy to take it as is..

The reason I tested it was because i was wanting to move over into that seat as it was a window which I prefer.

But the point of my post was to simply explain a good reason why a seat might be left open in 1st....
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:26 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by fti
Well, I have seen it done more than once without a fight. YMMV.
I have deplaned to speak with GAs, but not because of UGs. The two times I have felt it necessary to do so I told the FA nearest me that I would going to do so and why. Never had a problem.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Ti22

But the grown up method that is very successful for me - if I'm close to #1 for UG, catch GA attention at a slow moment and simply ask nicely if I should board or not. 95% of the time they say go ahead and board. If a FC seat remained open they've come and moved me 100% of the time. About 5 or 6 times last year IIRC.

2 or 3 times last year I was close and the GA suggested to wait to board and I'm happy to say I'm 100% UG on those too.
The other smart piece of this approach is that if the GA tells you to board and then realized you would have gotten the upgrade they are way more like to page you to move up front. A little honey goes a long way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.