Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MD-90 Economy bulkhead

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2012, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by jkramer65
HOW MANY ROWS IS E+? 13C is available right now. i'm assuming a flight from MSP - SFO would have it?
EC is 3 rows (10-12), for a total of 15 seats.
Old May 17, 2012, 6:55 am

HOW MANY ROWS IS E+? 13C is available right now. i'm assuming a flight from MSP - SFO would have it?
Rows 10-12. I sat in 13 once on a Economy Comfort-configured MD, and something just seemed more squished about it...maybe it was my imagination, or just the visual effect of seeing the extra space in the rows in front of me, or maybe it was the recline of row 12 into my space. If I'm in the situation of not being in 10-12 or exit row again, I would go for row 14.

IMHO, the best option is to log in at T-24 and you'll probably see an open spot in row 10.
Old May 17, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: Delta PM/SC Member
Originally Posted by HookemHorns
Rows 10-12. I sat in 13 once on a Economy Comfort-configured MD, and something just seemed more squished about it...maybe it was my imagination, or just the visual effect of seeing the extra space in the rows in front of me, or maybe it was the recline of row 12 into my space. If I'm in the situation of not being in 10-12 or exit row again, I would go for row 14.

IMHO, the best option is to log in at T-24 and you'll probably see an open spot in row 10.
that is my plan. there is still a possiblity for an upgrade at the gate as well. but those west coast flights seem to be full of diamonds!
Old May 17, 2012, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by skidv25
EC is 3 rows (10-12), for a total of 15 seats.
i called delta and they said the plane isn't configured EC. only JFK routes or something like that. who knows. once again i will remind myself that no lives are at stake here!!! haha. but cross my fingers for row 10 or an upgrade.
Old May 17, 2012, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
i called delta and they said the plane isn't configured EC. only JFK routes or something like that. who knows. once again i will remind myself that no lives are at stake here!!! haha. but cross my fingers for row 10 or an upgrade.
They might be saying that because EC isn't officially advertised or sold on domestic routes other than some specific transcons. Right now they're just listed as "preferred" seats, but the physical configurations are there as they get ready to officially roll out.

I flew ATL-DCA and back earlier this week on MD90s, sat in 10AB with my wife both ways, and can confirm what others have said about the soft wall and access to floor storage area all the way across row 10. Row numbers along the OH bins all said EC and one of the plans had new upholstery with "Economy Comfort" embroidered into the headrest. Nice seats, plenty of room, and as far from the engines as you can get without being in F.

I would not recommend 10C at all, though. As someone said before, the aisle shift means you keep getting run into, and drink carts come all the way from the front of F. Poor guy in that seat on one flight had his arm in a sling already and got a cart to the knee.
Old May 17, 2012, 10:08 am

can anyone confirm the soft wall on non EC configured MD-90s?

Last edited by jkramer65; May 17, 2012 at 10:08 am Reason: removed text
Old May 17, 2012, 2:06 pm

that is my plan. there is still a possiblity for an upgrade at the gate as well. but those west coast flights seem to be full of diamonds!
the rats didn't release the seats at T-24. this must be a route where there are last minute Y buyers.
Old May 18, 2012, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
can anyone confirm the soft wall on non EC configured MD-90s?
Yes. The soft barrier was added when the planes were modified to 16 F. These planes used to be 12 F / 138 Y.
Old May 19, 2012, 10:44 am

MD-90 configuration

Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
Yes. The soft barrier was added when the planes were modified to 16 F. These planes used to be 12 F / 138 Y.
Can confirm MD-90 config to 16F with soft wall. AND Economy Comfort seating in rows 10-12. The flight attendants didn't even know about it. In fact, they hate MD-90s and asked if I would write in to Delta to tell them not to use these aircraft on cross-country hauls. I was flying MSP-SFO. It is a sardine can.
The EC seats do not have extra recline - fyi. I tested them out. They just have more legroom -- which is great. I was in Row 13 and it was not extra squished. I think the guy who posted earlier felt that way because of visually seeing the extra legroom in front of him. I'm short so it was fine. 10AB seem to be the best seats by far and 10C does indeed suck. The guy was constantly being banged into AND when you try to avoid him you also bang into 4B in FC. SO if you are in that seat you will get some "action" as well.
Old May 19, 2012, 1:24 pm

All of the DL MD-90 or MD-88 flights I have flown this year have had the soft bulkhead and economy comfort on the first 3 rows of economy.

Even though they haven't offically introduced EC, you can tell if the flight has EC when choosing your seat because the first 3 middle seats are premium seats.
Old May 25, 2012, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by 1fasttruck
All of the DL MD-90 or MD-88 flights I have flown this year have had the soft bulkhead and economy comfort on the first 3 rows of economy.

Even though they haven't offically introduced EC, you can tell if the flight has EC when choosing your seat because the first 3 middle seats are premium seats.
can also confirm MD-88s with EC seating. just flew one the other day. rows 10-12.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.