Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AF Lounge at GRU refusing DL passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wonder what would happen if people tried to complain to SkyTeam about the lounge denials. It's supposed to be a SkyTeam benefit, but I don't think they have any teeth to enforce the terms with member airlines.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 5:55 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Platinum, AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, National Exec
Is there an arrivals lounge at Gru for Delta Business passengers?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 3:26 am

Programs: DL DM
GRU Update

I see no one has hit this in a year.

Have the AF dragons chilled out, or are they still in flame mode. I will connect thru GRU and just don't see spending 3 hours in the Duty Free shop, or the Delta lounge.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 6:10 am

Programs: Hilton C, Marriott Pt, Delta Pt
Delta elites can now access the GOL lounges in GRU and GIG.

GOL benefits
Old Feb 21, 2013, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by flyertalk77
Delta elites can now access the GOL lounges in GRU and GIG.

GOL benefits
Thanks. Anyone have a report on the GOL lounge at GRU?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 6:45 am

Programs: All of the Above
Also, there's the Black lounge (I think that's the name) that's in the back of the SC that you can enter if you have certain CC's. I think it was my World MasterCard that got me in, but don't remember. It was marginally less crowded.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:27 am

Programs: Delta PM

The GOL lounge is way worse than the Delta lounge. It's less crowded but worse food and drinks (at least when I was there a couple of months ago, I was flying J on Air Canada). Plus, it's in a different terminal (not sure what your connection is)
Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Corganbr
The GOL lounge is way worse than the Delta lounge. It's less crowded but worse food and drinks (at least when I was there a couple of months ago, I was flying J on Air Canada). Plus, it's in a different terminal (not sure what your connection is)
Great. I will try for AF and see what happens.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:52 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by mbarreto
I get it that as ST+ we should have access to both lounges. I myself have suffered through the GRU Skyclub experience many many times, and would take the AF lounge any day...

But is it that extreme to admit that since DL does have its own lounge in GRU, maybe DL pax should stick it with it and not go to Salon AF (when flying DL)?

I get what the AF staff is doing... we all know the SC there is one of the worst in the system, so if all DL pax (3 daily flights) go to the Salon AF (2 flights/day if you take KL into account), it would ruin that lounge as well...

Flame away!
Here's a flame: STE+ are entitled to go to the AF lounge. Period.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
SkyTeam rules rule. At NRT, as a DM flying DL in BE I have used the horrible KE and pleasant but retro AF lounges with no real problem, although the very cordial AF dragon tends to xerox my documents.
With all the times I've been through NRT I've never gone into the AF lounge. I'll try it next time.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:58 am
Suspended

I wonder what would happen if people tried to complain to SkyTeam about the lounge denials. It's supposed to be a SkyTeam benefit, but I don't think they have any teeth to enforce the terms with member airlines.
Given that KL and especially AF are now denying DL pax award/UG inventory and lounge access, it's time DL retaliated.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Given that KL and especially AF are now denying DL pax award/UG inventory and lounge access, it's time DL retaliated.
It won't help customers if the fights within SkyTeam escalate. What if AF and KLM next refuse to let DL passengers and elites use the lounges at CDG and AMS unless we have paid business class tickets on AF or KLM?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: AF, UA, BA/IB, VS, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
everytime i have been to GRU, the AF lounge attendants have done/said the same thing.

it is a flat out violation of the rules.....
Old Feb 21, 2013, 9:04 am
Suspended

It won't help customers if the fights within SkyTeam escalate. What if AF and KLM next refuse to let DL passengers and elites use the lounges at CDG and AMS unless we have paid business class tickets on AF or KLM?
That's true but there needs to be some way to force them to hold up their end of the bargain.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 4:53 pm

ALCON, I am 2 for 2 with the AF lounge at GRU. Caveat, I am a Sky Club member, so maybe that made a difference. The dragon was very nice, and KNEW I was on a Delta flight. No issue.

It is 1945L, and the Club is almost empty. Not so much until about 1915 or so, as the AF flight had not boarded yet. I guess the 6 of us in here are on the Delta flight.

This Club is much better than Delta's, all around. I still contend the Delta club is the worst in the system. I went there first, and the dragon looked at me like I was interrupting her mancure. Checked at place out, to see if there were any "enhancements" and immediately went to AF.

I must say the staff is wonderful, and if you like caipirinhas, they will bring them until you ask them to stop. Thanks Antonio and Evandro!

So, if you are Sky Club, maybe the dragon will be Helena, who is very nice, and has no problem with Delta pax. I can't vouch for what will happen if you are a non-Sky Club BE. My guess, you will be sent back to the Delta lounge. Last time here, I saw several folks turned away, and I was 1 of exactly 2 people in the lounge. Of course, Delta was packed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.