Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Baggage Function on the DL App -- Possible Improvements

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage Function on the DL App -- Possible Improvements

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
For international trips, I find this feature on my iP very helpful but would prefer not having to manually enter the number.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:10 pm

Programs: Delta FO, United Silver, National Executive, HHonors Silver, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by scm53
1. If you bags are not on the flight to your final destination, then you don't have to sit around waiting for every single bag to come up to know that. You can head to baggage service now and start the paperwork.

2. If you bags are now headed to someplace else, you know that. If they are still at the hub and can conceivably be on the next departure, you know that. If they never left you origination, you know that. You can have some idea of how long you will be without your bags - plan your day accordingly to be back at the a/p and pick them up vice them being given over to the "we get there when we feel like it" delivery service.
Your points are well taken, but my recent experience offers a +1.

I landed at my destination, fired up my mobile as we were on taxi to the gate, and received an email letting me know my checked bag didn't make my connection.

Short and sweet, I went directly to the baggage office to give the necessary info to help ensure my bag followed me.

I do not see how my experience could have been enhanced knowing about the problem at 'wheels up +30' vs taxi to the gate.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Xeno
For international trips, I find this feature on my iP very helpful but would prefer not having to manually enter the number.
You don't have to manually enter the bag tag number on the iPhone app. Use the bar code scanner which is on the side of the blank where you would manually enter. Much faster! I've started doing this when I have to check a bag, not so much because I'm curious where the bag is but where I don't worry so much about losing the stupid bag claim sticker that is seemingly never attached to the BP. Then I have it if I need it.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by jsmith50
You don't have to manually enter the bag tag number on the iPhone app. Use the bar code scanner which is on the side of the blank where you would manually enter. Much faster! I've started doing this when I have to check a bag, not so much because I'm curious where the bag is but where I don't worry so much about losing the stupid bag claim sticker that is seemingly never attached to the BP. Then I have it if I need it.
Your approach is better but when the days are 24 hours from take-off to touchdown, I put the baggage slip in a special envelop in my rollaboard. Gone are the days of cardstock bps much less ticket cover where one could staple the bag tag receipt and not get lost inside my blazer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.