Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta, Westjet Launch Codeshare Agreement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta, Westjet Launch Codeshare Agreement

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
For your sake I hope I'm wrong, but I highly doubt that one person, no matter how hard they try, can get MCTs changed. I suspect they're set by a combination of DL people that you can't talk to by calling the 1-800 number and YYZ airport authorities, and changing it would take a lot of oomph. That's my hunch, and I'd love to be proven wrong!
Old Sep 21, 2016, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sokolov
Thank you. That was my hunch.

Now how to have that changed? It doesn't make sense that WS would sell the exact same itinerary, but DL won't.
I think part of it is that getting luggage from a Westjet flight to DL can take a bit longer then when staying on the same airline. However even though YYZ-LAS is a Westjet flight, the flight is marketed as DL. Thus it falls under the MCT for connecting to DL flights. It''s easier to have one blanket MCT, then to have multiple MCTs. I highly doubt they'll go about doing the reserach to change this, as I highly doubt this is even a common issue. Most people would just buy a ticket directly from Westjet instead of worrying about it being DL marketed.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
I think part of it is that getting luggage from a Westjet flight to DL can take a bit longer then when staying on the same airline. However even though YYZ-LAS is a Westjet flight, the flight is marketed as DL. Thus it falls under the MCT for connecting to DL flights. It''s easier to have one blanket MCT, then to have multiple MCTs. I highly doubt they'll go about doing the reserach to change this, as I highly doubt this is even a common issue. Most people would just buy a ticket directly from Westjet instead of worrying about it being DL marketed.
It is all WestJet, no DL operated sectors at all. So no luggage issue.

I understand what you are saying. But I don't see it as a single issue. It is *generally* nonsensical to inflict longer MCTs on *codeshare to codeshare* connections than the operating carrier.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
I suspect they're set by a combination of DL people that you can't talk to by calling the 1-800 number and YYZ airport authorities
Exactly! Hence my question here, for the small chance some FTer may know a better avenue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.