Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Checked bag fee for elites when rerouted on a different airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2012, 8:56 am
Original Poster

When rerouted on a different carrier (where one has no status) due to delay or cancellation of the scheduled flight, are delta elites subject to bag fees? I would assume so but am curious as to people's experiences.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 9:03 am

Programs: UA, SPG, Hyatt, Hilton
on UA:

In my recent experience, yes. But, I wrote Delta and they reimbursed me quickly.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
Originally Posted by lycidas1
In my recent experience, yes. But, I wrote Delta and they reimbursed me quickly.
+1 Email customer care and they will send you a check in most circumstances
Old Jan 16, 2012, 9:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by GoBlue09
When rerouted on a different carrier (where one has no status) due to delay or cancellation of the scheduled flight, are delta elites subject to bag fees? I would assume so but am curious as to people's experiences.
Yes. Your status on DL only matters to the other carrier to the extent that there is an agreement (alliance) covering your status. Thus, you will need to cough up. If it's an involuntary reroute, DL will reimburse when you supply the receipt.

BTW, not the case here, but if it's a VDB issue. What you accept for VDB is it. If you accept VDB with reroute on a carrier where you incur other fees, that's what the VDB is for.

Last edited by Often1; Jan 16, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.