Search

Lounge access at JFK Terminal 2

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2011, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VS Life Time Gold, BA Gold, IHG Diamond Elite
Lounge access at JFK Terminal 2

Hello,

I am travelling tomorrow from JFK to LAX in coach and was hoping use my Platinum Amex to get access to a lounge in terminal 2.

Is there a lounge that I can use?

Also does anyone know how many family members can get access with a Platinum Amex card holder?

Thanks
Old Dec 28, 2011, 2:41 pm

Don't forget to bring you Priority Pass Select card (you should have received one because of the Plat Amex) to give you a few more options.

eta: Remember you have to have the physical Priority Pass card you just can't show the AmEx platinum.

This link should help:
https://www295.americanexpress.com/c...rityPassSelect
Old Dec 28, 2011, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
If you are in T2 which is Delta, you don't need the Priority Pass and can just use your non-Delta Plat Amex card. I do so all the time.

The lounge in T2 is above you as you clear security. If you end up having to head over to T3, there is a air-side connector and several more lounges there although not all are open all the time. All of them are like the lounge in T2 regarding getting in with you Plat Amex. I prefer the one by Gate 6 ;-)
Old Dec 28, 2011, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by scentcrazy
Don't forget to bring you Priority Pass Select card (you should have received one because of the Plat Amex) to give you a few more options.
I've never found PPS to provide any worthwhile options.

In response to the OP, AMEX Plat will get you access to any Skyclub in T2 or T3. Don't know the exact rule, but I have never had any problem bringing my entire family into the Skyclub with AMEX Plat when traveling on the same PNR. Other times, my wife and I have split into PNRs with a kid on each PNR and still been able to get in all together.

There is a link on the DL website that tells you what lounge access you get with each type of card/membership at each airport. Don't think it gives guest info.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: Delta gm Spg gold hilton gold hyatt platinum hertz presidents avis presidential
Amex plat allows 2 guests with u. They might make an exception for your entire family

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.