Wiki Posts
Search

Narita Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2011, 6:42 pm
VVF
Original Poster

Narita Restaurants

I will be flying through Narita in a few days, have about 2.5 hrs layover. I am familiar with the airport, but have not been there with children. Could any of you who frequent NRT recommend a restaurant where we can grab something decent to eat? Children do not do well with DL food, and it would be better to get something on the ground and have them sleep during the flight (I know that SC offers some food, but not really children-oriented). Everyone is totally omnivorous, just want something of good quality and reasonably quick service.

Thank you all for any advice!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 7:16 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by VVF
I will be flying through Narita in a few days, have about 2.5 hrs layover. I am familiar with the airport, but have not been there with children. Could any of you who frequent NRT recommend a restaurant where we can grab something decent to eat? Children do not do well with DL food, and it would be better to get something on the ground and have them sleep during the flight (I know that SC offers some food, but not really children-oriented). Everyone is totally omnivorous, just want something of good quality and reasonably quick service.

Thank you all for any advice!
Mc Donalds Air Side (near gate 20) that is for the kids.

Land side has a family cafe (read dinner). I haven't seen any on the air side but I don't walk that much on the air side.

Would help if you could tell us what children oriented food that is decent to eat

Last edited by DHalltheway; Dec 13, 2011 at 7:22 pm
Old Dec 13, 2011, 7:45 pm
VVF
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DHalltheway
Mc Donalds Air Side (near gate 20) that is for the kids.

Land side has a family cafe (read dinner). I haven't seen any on the air side but I don't walk that much on the air side.

Would help if you could tell us what children oriented food that is decent to eat
Thank you! Anything from bento box to sushi to rice bowl with chicken or beef to meatballs and spaghetti would work. McDonalds doesn't quite do it, but will work if there is nothing else. We probably don't have time to go land side though.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Landside has many good restaurants. Esp. the dedicated sushi one (on the upper floor of the two floors of landside restaurants) is great. Fast service, and even for Japan (that has high standards) some of the best sushi anywhere. Well worth the trip out to landside.

2.5 hours is plenty of time to go out, eat, and then go back in. 5-15 min to go out, same 5-15 min to go back in, if you want to get back for the plane an hour early, leaves you with one full hour to eat and walk around landside.

(While if you had more time, like a full day, or overnight, then hop onto Keisei or JR and go to KeiseiNarita or JR Narita station. Narita itself, esp. the old part, is worth a few hour excursion.)
Old Dec 13, 2011, 7:54 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
The lounge does have a pretty good spread. Sushi, cakes, pasta, soup.

I can't remember the name of it but I think there is a cafe type place near the bottom of the lounge escalators in the south satellite (gates 20+).
Old Dec 13, 2011, 8:04 pm
VVF
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RealHJ
Landside has many good restaurants. Esp. the dedicated sushi one (on the upper floor of the two floors of landside restaurants) is great. Fast service, and even for Japan (that has high standards) some of the best sushi anywhere. Well worth the trip out to landside.

2.5 hours is plenty of time to go out, eat, and then go back in. 5-15 min to go out, same 5-15 min to go back in, if you want to get back for the plane an hour early, leaves you with one full hour to eat and walk around landside.

(While if you had more time, like a full day, or overnight, then hop onto Keisei or JR and go to KeiseiNarita or JR Narita station. Narita itself, esp. the old part, is worth a few hour excursion.)
Great, thanks! I didn't realize that we would have enough time, good recommendation.

Won't have a day this time, the city will have to wait. We love it though, would jump on a train in a blink of an eye if we had more time!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 8:06 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
2.5 hour lay over is enough to go land side IMHO.

And like the poster above I agree that you can get better food land side.

However, it is the hassle of going through immigration and back can be a pain.

Mind you the line for a connecting flight is often times a lot longer than clearing immigration.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL- Diamond
I have flown to NRT 8x this year. Personally I always eat at one restaurant, unfortunately don't remember the name. but can tell you from the Delta Premier check in line turn left, past the bookstore, it is the first restaurant on the right. It has everything from Sushi to soba and the service is quick, food is great and price is reasonable. I highly recommend. However this will do you no good for transiting and I have not eaten at any restaurants past immigration check in.

DL lounge is good for light snacks and drinks. The lounge near gate 22 is better than the other concourse. Very spacious. As you enter the lounge, go to the right, not left. Better food and drink selection.

Cheers
Old Dec 13, 2011, 8:14 pm
VVF
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DHalltheway
2.5 hour lay over is enough to go land side IMHO.

And like the poster above I agree that you can get better food land side.

However, it is the hassle of going through immigration and back can be a pain.

Mind you the line for a connecting flight is often times a lot longer than clearing immigration.
There is a priority line for immigration/security on the way back, right? The wait was not bad I think.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 8:15 pm
VVF
Original Poster

Originally Posted by awspilke
I have flown to NRT 8x this year. Personally I always eat at one restaurant, unfortunately don't remember the name. but can tell you from the Delta Premier check in line turn left, past the bookstore, it is the first restaurant on the right. It has everything from Sushi to soba and the service is quick, food is great and price is reasonable. I highly recommend. However this will do you no good for transiting and I have not eaten at any restaurants past immigration check in.

DL lounge is good for light snacks and drinks. The lounge near gate 22 is better than the other concourse. Very spacious. As you enter the lounge, go to the right, not left. Better food and drink selection.

Cheers
Thank you, very helpful!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 8:33 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by awspilke
The lounge lady never lets me go to the right - she always directs me to the left.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & 1M, Hilton Gold, IHG Rewards Plat
You may want check this official website.

Refine your search --> Restaurant --> Select a location --> Tick "After passport control" and "Terminal 1"

Unfortunately, there are few "decent" places in air side. I guess TATSU in the main terminal building might be the place. Tokyo Food Bar and Sushi Kyotatsu are definitely too far from Delta boarding gates.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Be careful about going land side. They could make you pay a high departure tax. I know the rule when it was not included in the ticket price was that it would cost you 3000 yen to go land side, even to use airport facilities without leaving the terminal. This was an issue when some NRT lounges were land side. I think T1 has an observation and smoking deck that is located land side.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by VVF
There is a priority line for immigration/security on the way back, right? The wait was not bad I think.
The priority lane is awesome. never more than 3 to 6 people max. Very quick and easy, but its kind of hidden. Look for it just straight and just right of the premier Delta check in counter exit.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by TTT
The lounge lady never lets me go to the right - she always directs me to the left.
Must be in the way i smile

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.