FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta GOGO 1 Year Subscription $399 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1288596-delta-gogo-1-year-subscription-399-a.html)

mnredfox Dec 7, 2011 9:38 am

Delta GOGO 1 Year Subscription $399

Just got the email from DL "in time for the holidays":

Hello Mr. mnredfox,

This holiday season, enjoy the gift of convenience and year-round connectivity.

You can now purchase an annual Delta Wi-Fi pass and stay connected all year long for only $399.95. Take advantage of this Wi-Fi rate, which is the best value for frequent Delta travelers. You'll get unlimited access to GogoŽ Inflight Internet onboard all Delta Wi-Fi equipped flights for a full year.

Get your annual subscription on delta.com now or the next time you're onboard any of our 2,500+ daily flights with Wi-Fi. Then, enjoy easy sign-in and online access for the next 365 days.

We offer the largest fleet of Wi-Fi-equipped aircraft in the world, so you can stay connected on the fly. Plus, you can look forward to Wi-Fi on more than 250 Delta ConnectionŽ two-class jets by early 2012.

Thanks for flying with us. We hope to see you onboard (and online!) soon.

Links here:
http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...1211809-A01A-A

AdamS Dec 7, 2011 9:39 am

DL offers one year of GOGO wifi $399

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...1211809-A01A-A

This holiday season, enjoy the gift of convenience and year-round connectivity.

You can now purchase an annual Delta Wi-Fi pass and stay connected all year long for only $399.95. Take advantage of this Wi-Fi rate, which is the best value for frequent Delta travelers. You'll get unlimited access to GogoŽ Inflight Internet onboard all Delta Wi-Fi equipped flights for a full year.

Get your annual subscription on delta.com now or the next time you're onboard any of our 2,500+ daily flights with Wi-Fi. Then, enjoy easy sign-in and online access for the next 365 days.

We offer the largest fleet of Wi-Fi-equipped aircraft in the world, so you can stay connected on the fly. Plus, you can look forward to Wi-Fi on more than 250 Delta ConnectionŽ two-class jets by early 2012.

Thanks for flying with us. We hope to see you onboard (and online!) soon.

javabytes Dec 7, 2011 10:11 am

Hardly worth it at less than $20 off the price of the monthly pass, when you consider the risk of being locked in for a year while your travel patterns change. Add in one month of sponsored access (such as the Google holiday promotion last year) and you've lost money.

AndyTLe Dec 7, 2011 10:13 am

I saw this option when I flew last week. Not much of a savings.

$399 annual pass = $33.25/month

The Traveler Pass = $34.95/month
Unlimited monthly internet on your favorite airline.

rylan Dec 7, 2011 10:16 am

Yup, quite a poor deal. Get locked in for 12 months and only save $20 off the monthly renewing price. As java mentioned, if there are any freebies or discounts during the year then you lose money.

18sas Dec 7, 2011 10:23 am

Not to mention that the Flight Pass is now $4.95 on a lot of mainline flights. It is still $9.95 on the CR7s and CR9s though.

hoosiereph Dec 7, 2011 10:26 am

The only value I can see is for corporate/client reimbursements -- If you are in a setting/relationship where you know that your travel will continue for the entire year, submitting the receipt once is way more convenient than doing so every month. :rolleyes:

anaugle Dec 7, 2011 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by hoosiereph (Post 17583278)
The only value I can see is for corporate/client reimbursements -- If you are in a setting/relationship where you know that your travel will continue for the entire year, submitting the receipt once is way more convenient than doing so every month. :rolleyes:

That's the truth -- I have to login to Aircell's website every month to get the receipt when it comes time to do expense reports. It's a drag, but IMO (and probably corp accounting's), it's not worth $20 just to have one receipt per year.

WalkinPneumonia Dec 7, 2011 1:12 pm

Maybe if I could buy with miles I might be interested.

nukchebi0 Dec 7, 2011 1:40 pm

Free Gogo should be a choice perk for PM or DM.

MachOne Dec 7, 2011 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by nukchebi0 (Post 17584545)

@:-)

brkandjfk Dec 7, 2011 2:02 pm

And once 75% of the DM's have the annual pass, they'll offer it as a free perk.

;)

dpspindler Dec 7, 2011 2:02 pm

Here, here!!

Originally Posted by nukchebi0 (Post 17584545)

delanet Dec 7, 2011 2:08 pm

What garbage, I got this offer this moring. Im honestly offended that they would even propose such a paultry offering its an insult to my intellegence. A discount of $1.62 a month or less than 5% while locking in for a year?!?!? Give me a break and stop spaming me worhtless crap Delta!

DaveNC Dec 7, 2011 2:19 pm

Add in the fact that much of my travel is either on short flights or on RJs with no wifi and it's an even worse deal.